09 May 2012
By wiipass
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Ridge Racer Retail vs PSN

5 Replies 349 Views Created 09-05-2012

do you get all tracks & cars if you buy the PSN version ? i know you get a code for the Gold Pass in the retail version but not so sure about the PSN version which cost about the same if not slightly more.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Ridge Racer Retail vs PSN

The gold pass was a limted time offer in early releases of the retail version, so I'm not sure any more if you can buy a retail version and still find a gold pass code in it

The gold pass is linked to your PSN account so you can sell a retail version of Ridge Racer, buy the download version and the pass is still valid

Without the gold pass the retail and download versions only have the basic 3 tracks and cars. 

I'm fairly sure the download version doesn't include the gold pass. I don't know that for sure because when I switched from physical to downlaod version I already had a gold pass linked to my PSN account

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6 (332 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

what i needed to know. thanks :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I bought ridge racer from the store and got the gold pass free so i think it's with it but i got it at launch so not sure if you still get it with the game.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Apparently the PSN version only supplied the pass until the end of March.

Personally I regret buying it.  There is no motivation to play the game without a career mode, it sucks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

AS a long time Ridge Racer fan, even with 3 tracks, I'd be happy with the game supposing it plays well enough. Sadly, this is one of the few games that doesn't have a demo (because doing so would already be giving 33% of the game - HA!).

I'm living on this blind hope that Namco will release a Ridge Racer 2 on the Vita sometime in the future, much like RR2 on the PSP - pretty much the same game but with all the downloadable tracks, cars, and music already installed there, with a few extra features also.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (194 Views)
0 Kudos