TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress

Some Q&A with Citerion about NFS:MW

5 Replies 408 Views Created 21-10-2012
21 Oct 2012
By TINTINTB303

A blog post by Jeremy Chubb was posted on Friday and here is a round-up of some of the key questions asked by readers / commenters of the blog. 

I have highlighted the Vita specific Q&As

Q: You bang on about the Vita version being “identical” to the PS3 version but you have shown us ZERO Vita footage. It feels like you have something to hide!?

A: We’ll show some soon. It looks amazing, and it’s the whole Autolog-powered connected game world, all the events, collectibles, cars, 4-player online. The works. You’ll love it.

Q: Looks great, cant wait, I only hope the online system doesnt have the horrid lag The Run had, I also hope those god awful muscle cars arnt in this game or forced to use them, they have ruined so many games.

A: You can play most of the cars from the start, so you shouldn’t get lumbered with any particular category. It’s a VERY freeform progression. We didn’t make The Run. Just the Burnout games and Hot Pursuit.

Q: I have another question. What do the Speed Points do? Plus, what can we use them for? Haven’t been able to find out any information on this.

A: Speed Points are the currency of the game. You get them for pretty much everything in the game from winning online races to drifting and driving in oncoming.

They unlock Modifications for the car: stuff that lets you go faster, handle different terrain or shrug off attacks from other players and cops.

You’ll be compared with your friends and listed on the Most Wanted list. Whoever earns the most is Most Wanted.

Q: Could you please comment on the speculated lack of traffic in the Vita version? Apparently that’s the only issue think that people are pointing out.

A: There’s less traffic in the Vita version.

And you won’t mind a bit. Seriously, what you have is pretty mind-blowing. A full blown, state-of-the-art open world online game that you can play on the bus.

Q:  An press release by Criterion said the vita version has “Almost all the races and events, the online play (albeit with four players rather than eight) and the massive open world is right there in the Vita version” I’m confused about the “almost” does that mean thing were cut on the vita version?

A: I had to write “almost” because a few of the longer races aren’t there. It’s like 98% of the races and events from the PlayStation 3.

By way of recompense, you get some exclusive events just for PSVita.

I just love the fact that he [Mr Chubb] assumes so much about what we will love about the Vita version and the fact we apparently wont mind a bit about there being less traffic!

True politican style answers thrown in there.

What did other people make of all this??

Still ZERO offical Vita footage as of yet :smileysad:

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
All sounds good to me, the lack of traffic i wouldn't mind, I doubt it could cope with the scale it copes with on the PS3.
0 Kudos

Re: Some Q&A with Citerion about NFS:MW

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheManFromUNCLE

88%
02 Rank
Progress
TheManFromUNCLE
Accepted Solution
Criterion haven't made a single bad game, plus the fact they've developed the Vita version in-house rather than shipping it to another developer makes me have faith in this. If Criterion were not developing this NFS game then I honestly wouldn't be interested in it. I'm personally not worried about the reduced traffic and cutting the multiplayer down to four players, you would guess there were technical issues with the Vita behind those choices.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

I don't think a slightly 'sub-PS3' game is anything to fear, provided it is still good and fun... You just don't get full console experience games on a handheld... Sure they are pretty close, but the devices aren't apples and apples..

I think the risk with the Vita is because of the near-PS3 level games, people are wanting Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed 3, Killzone 3... when I think that is a little unrealistic..

I didn't play Resistance on the Vita. I did download the trial version, and I will admit it didn't really inspire me that much, although if I can get it on special for under half price I will one day buy it.... but my question would be... Was the game itself that bad? or where gamers just let down because they are used to playing Modern Warfare 3, Killzone 3 and Battlefield 2 on the PS3....

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

My question to them

When are you going to drop the over populated and terrible NFS and go back to BURNOUT ?

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress
TINTINTB303
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

My question to them

When are you going to drop the over populated and terrible NFS and go back to BURNOUT ?

Ha, well I left this out but it was the closest thing posted that mirrors your question.

Q: Burnout with Need For Speed slapped on top…

A:  Or: 

The best of Burnout and the best of Need for Speed…

:smileywink:

I just want the crash aftertouch feature back. SOOOO satisfying :smileyhappy:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel