28 Jun 2012
By: NEO-BAHAMUT- Member 290 Posts
Level 3

Whos getting Metal Gear HD then?

18 Replies 440 Views Created 28-06-2012

So it's been a long time coming but the wait is finally over. It's out tomorrow for the Vita. I just wondered who would be getting it? Im very interested but still not 100% sure as to whether I should get it. I haven't got any Vita games at the mo so need one..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Whos getting Metal Gear HD then?

I have got it really good old school. Took me a bit to get the controls, only prob is saving the game spent a bit n MG3 thinking it was autosave had to start again. U can get it for 20 if u look think the psn have it at 20.
hulkamania78[HULKAMANIACS] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

url=http://playfire.com/a/create_widget][img]http://media.playfire.com/profile/trophy_widget/hulkamania78.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

[ Edited ]

Nah played them all before  CBA sitting through them again lol

Isn't it priced at £35 for PSN?

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (425 Views)
0 Kudos

Im getting it :smileyhappy: and its £19.99 on the UK PSN!!! Just hope its out at midnight!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Dunno if it was there at midnight, but it's definitely on there now for anyone who wants it.

"I spent 15 years up to my elbows in body fluids and body parts"
                                 -- Soozibags
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

For £20 I don't think you moan but I am dissapointed that Peace Walker is left out compared to the PS3 version... Decisions, decisions.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

mezzor wrote:
For £20 I don't think you moan but I am dissapointed that Peace Walker is left out compared to the PS3 version... Decisions, decisions.

that could be why it is £10 cheaper

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I started downloading in on my Vita this morning before I left for work.

At 19.99 I couldn't refuse even though I have loads of other games to play through on Vita & PS3.

I've heard that Peacewalker isn't include because of size, the HD collection is 3.3 GB and their is a cap of 4GB as these are the size of the PSV cards (2GB & 4GB) so for retail it would have to be on 2 cards which would obviously increase their costsand royalty payments to Sony.

I'm not too bothered I still have 2 massive amazing games that I had so much fun with on PS2.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

kingofscotland wrote:.

I've heard that Peacewalker isn't include because of size, the HD collection is 3.3 GB and their is a cap of 4GB as these are the size of the PSV cards (2GB & 4GB) so for retail it would have to be on 2 cards which would obviously increase their costsand royalty payments to Sony.

I'm not too bothered I still have 2 massive amazing games that I had so much fun with on PS2.

The cynical would say it is because Peacewalker is already available as a perfectly good PSP game for the Vita with remappable right stick controls, and they can get more money from us that way (probably some truth in that)... But you raise a good point... PS2 games are noticeably bigger downloads than PS1 games, and we haven't had any other 'HD collection' ports on the Vita yet... One wonders if the entire Jak or Ratchet or DMC collections would fit...

Funny people never seem to moan much about Silent Hill collection on the PS3 being only two games... You would have thought they would have included Silent Hill 4 as the third game on the disc, seeing as it is the third PS2 game... Maybe the heavy panning it got was the deciding factor.... Didn't stop DMC2 being included in the DMC collection though.... Personally I'd have preferred they drop DMC2 and improved the ports of the other two games..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I got it, as I never got far in MGS3, and I wouldn't mind playing MGS2 again. <3 solidus!!  I got it on a card rather than PSN, as my 16gb card is already close to full.

The control system of MGS2 feels really old fashioned now, and the rear pad knife on MGS3 is really annoying coz Snake keeps slashing away when I'm just trying to hold the Vita comfortably.  Other than that, the games are ace!  Not gonna be playing anything else on my Vita for a while, methinks.  :smileyhappy:

bring back The Getaway!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (331 Views)
0 Kudos