Reply
10 Feb 2012
Member
Playstation Staff

3G Online Gaming

12 Replies 1,359 Views Created 10-02-2012

Hey :smileyhappy:

 

I'm stuck between the 3G and Wi-Fi model for my Vita :/ and i was just wondering can you play PS Vita games online with 3G or only Wi-FI? :smileyhappy:

 

Thank You

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (1,359 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming


Rangersdude6 wrote:

Hey :smileyhappy:

 

I'm stuck between the 3G and Wi-Fi model for my Vita :/ and i was just wondering can you play PS Vita games online with 3G or only Wi-FI? :smileyhappy:

 

Thank You


 

 

you can play turn based multiplayer games such as everybodys golf but you can play proper multiplayer. Its more for updates, leaderboards ghosts etc





[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ross101][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/ross101.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (1,345 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

Samurai And Dragons by sega will feature browser style mmo gaming over 3g (if it ever comes out over here) - but then have a dungeon crawler style mmo game in it as well, and its also free.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (1,330 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

Cheers guys :smileyhappy:

Think I'll get the 3G version cause I will probably be ***** off if I don't get it and something awesome happens on it :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (1,325 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

dynasty warriors has 3g multiplayer, BUT its not coop, its like a board game
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (1,323 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

As people have mentioned it supports asynchronous or turn based multiplayer but not real time like in first person shooters or fighters. For that you will need to use Wi-Fi.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (1,314 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

[ Edited ]

Rangersdude6 wrote:
Cheers guys :smileyhappy:

Think I'll get the 3G version cause I will probably be ***** off if I don't get it and something awesome happens on it :smileywink:

 

it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.....or something like that! :smileyhappy:





[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ross101][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/ross101.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (1,292 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

Yeaa totally agree man :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (1,275 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming


ross101 wrote:

Rangersdude6 wrote:
Cheers guys :smileyhappy:

Think I'll get the 3G version cause I will probably be ***** off if I don't get it and something awesome happens on it :smileywink:

 

it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.....or something like that! :smileyhappy:


I agree. I rather have the option of 3G then not have it at all. It can't be added after the fact and I don't have the desire to get and then sell a Wi-Fi console in order to get the 3G model. Besides I will use 3G to start off with and see how it goes and if it's worthwhile continuing. If I can get away with a cheap low download capacity data plan for my every day use I will most likely stick with it.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (1,242 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: 3G Online Gaming

I have just changed my pre order to include the 3g version. I really dont think it will be useful but i will kick myself if it does turn out useful for future gaming. £50 extra for a feature i MAY use.......hmmm, maybe a bit stupid but such is life......
http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/toondw/
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (1,226 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos