PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

11 Jun 2011
By: chaosx9

3 Posts

3G, but with a sim slot?

9 Replies 2220 Views Created 11-06-2011

I doubt i'm the only one thinking this, but how's this whole "3G + Wifi" gonna work? I'm guessing it'll have something to do with getting our own plan for the PSV to use 3G. But is there gonna be any sort of integration?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (2,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: 3G, but with a sim slot?

yea i recon theres gonna be a sim card slot next to the game card slot at the top of the psp vita. so i think you will just need to top the sim card up or put a contract sim into the psp vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (2,177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

The idea is that you can basicly play any where that has either W-lan or 3G.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (2,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I hope you can buy "top up" from the PSN store etc. I really don't want to be entering into a SIM contract through a 3rd party phone network like the Ipad. Is this just something the phone companies do? Or is it necessary to use the 3G. I don't really understand it tbh!

Assassin's Unite - Event NightAssassin's Creed IV Black FlagPS4Killzone ShadowfallFFXIV A Realm Reborn
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (2,099 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

The iPad (which has a Wi-Fi & 3G) version has a small slot for a micro SIM card (Smaller than a normal SIM card). This enables the iPad to go online via the credit or allowance on the SIM when there's no Wi-Fi signal.

Phone networks, such as '3 Mobile' do either a contract micro SIM with 15GB allowance per month for £25 or a Pay as You Go SIM which you obviously top up internet allowance as you want.

My guess is the Vita will be the same

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (2,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I already have a mobile broadband contract for my netbook, what I want to know is whether the PSV will just take a normal sim card or one of the micro sim cards. If its a normal one then I can use my current sim in both my netbook and Vita, if its a micro, I need to make a tough decision!

If the Vita has a decent browser, I would be willing to sacrifice using 3G in my netbook.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1,971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

remember when broadband first started up and the telecoms companys would force you to make seperate contracts for each computer paying full price for each one, then routers became more commonplace and the walls fell down.

Its like that now with 3G now you got folks running round with their 3g phone & a tablet & a netbook, and now a games console too, all of which can take advantage of 3g but each one paid for seperately.

One day one VERY clever telephone company is gonna realise that they can offer the same account 5 different sim cards for the same account and clean up.

until that day we will keep going with the draconian "take all the money you can" business practice.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1,890 Views)
0 Kudos

Whats this I'am hearing from game shops that the PS cards are getting replaced I when't to get a card yesterday and nowere sells them becaus the *****ing psn whants a new way for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,856 Views)
0 Kudos

Yes there might be the slot next to the game card slot for a sim card and you have to supply the card your self, or there might be a inbuilt internal sim, and you would have to sign an aggreement for a contract and say link it to your mobile contract( or take out a contract)  so you can use your mobile internet bundle, but this is just speculation and we will all have to wait ¬_¬ but it will worth the wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,737 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

doudt very much there will be any contracts at all for the psp vita. am sure it will just be the same as pay as u go or a contract sim from a phone company no actual contact with sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1,722 Views)
0 Kudos