PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

12 Mar 2012
By: Ajent_PSN Member 32 Posts
Level 1

Best Headphones Suggestions

11 Replies 444 Views Created 12-03-2012
Hey, I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I've used the factory supplied iPhone ones for far to long. Been using a pair of Sennheiser HD 201's recently, mostly because they are dirt cheap but offer a decent upgrade to factory supplied phones. However, I now want a decent pair of all-round headphones, ones that will recreate my music clearly, but with a big enough sound stage to make Vita games sound awesome and enough of a bass kick for dramatic soundtracks. I prefer on-ear full headphones for the noise isolation, but they also need to be relatively portable. I'm looking to spend £100 - £150. I've looked at the Dr Dre Beats (too much bass, drowns out everything else) and the Bose AE2 phones (amazingly comfortable, but sounded a little flat). The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 look good but I haven't had chance to try them out... Does anyway on here have any suggestions that I may benefit from? Thanks in advance for any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Best Headphones Suggestions

The Sennheiser HD-555/595's are nice and offer a large soundstage for games...very comfortable to wear for hours too, But they arn't very portable and offer practically noise noise isolation when used outside either.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I recently purchased the Audio-Technica ES55's and they are absolutely stunning. Bass is tight but not over blown like the Beats and the transparency is the best Ive heard at the £100 price range. I could not recommend them highly enough. Check out the What HiFi review for a better description.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/headphones/122753342_monster_ibeats_headphones_with_...

im using these just now and the sound is amazing

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

@ChewbaccasGrowl

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I tried the WS55's in HMV. They sounded awesome, but we're a bit small around my ear and felt a little uncomfortable. Do you know if the ES55's are any bigger? They're certainly attractive at roughly £40 less than the M50's.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

My Dre Beats Solo HD's are the nuts to use with the Vita. Sounds amazing!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

The ES55 are actually smaller and sit on the ear but they block out external sound really well. Whatever you do, do not get the cheaper WS55's from HMV. There is an improved model - WS55i - for about £90. I tried these at the same time at richer sounds and whilst they sounded very good indeed, they lacked the openness of the ES55's and the bass was to similar to the Beats headphones for my liking (and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music). I like my bass to sound natural, punchy and very accurate. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

If you want decent noise isolation, then you want true 'over ears' rather than 'on ears'. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (355 Views)
0 Kudos