18 Sep 2012
Playstation Staff

Best online multiplayer games for vita?

5 Replies 1,777 Views Created 18-09-2012
What are you favourite online mp games for vita? The only one I've really enjoyed so far is the pool game Hustle Kings. I can't really find anything else that's really much fun. I haven't looked too hard though to be fair. Way would you recommend?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,777 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Best online multiplayer games for vita?

Racing (Realtime) : Wipeout

Racing (Async) : Motorstorm

Shooting (Coop) : Unit 13

Platform (Coop) : LBP (probably - it's out today or this week depending where you are)

Cerebral : Pure Chess

Fighting : Blazblue <- only becuase it's the one with people playing it, you might prefer MK or MvC but those seem to be light on actual players

Sports (realtime) : Virtua Tennis

Sports (async) : Hot Shots/Everybody Golf

If you like the async multiplayer of Hustle Kings, then Golf would be my recomendation since it gives the same style of play (tactical, timing, mods), in a Golf package without the micro-transactions.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,771 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Marvel vs Capcom on Vita is cross platform with the PS3 so there are countless games online. Not sure why you have seen few players. Blazblue on the other hand is not cross platform so you will only be playing Vita users.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks. I'm UK based but in Dubai at the moment. I'm definitely picking up LBP when I get back!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,764 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ravenbreeze wrote:

Marvel vs Capcom on Vita is cross platform with the PS3 so there are countless games online. Not sure why you have seen few players. Blazblue on the other hand is not cross platform so you will only be playing Vita users.

That's a good point which I forgot - stopped playing MvC on Vita ages ago now.

But it does remind me why I stopped.

1) No one plays against Vita from Ps3 because of the touch screen controls and

2) You can disco from the Vita easily and without penalties

Despite all that, maybe unranked games are there to be found - although when I play from PS3 I don't use Vita opponents at all.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,760 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Right now i would say LBPV. Its the only best MP game. It comes tommorow for EU. On friday for UK.

Check out my YouTube PS Vita channel! www.youtube.com/user/PSVITAGAMINGUNITE :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (1,745 Views)
0 Kudos