12 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Blockbuster not stocking Vita due to lack of interest

12 Replies 847 Views Created 12-03-2012

Blockbuster video will not be stocking or renting out any Vita games due to lack of interest and pre-orders. Should we worry about the future of Vita? I have a sinking feeling. Really wanted too rent uncharted as well!

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (847 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Blockbuster not stocking Vita due to lack of interest

I'd be more worried about the future of Blockbuster personally with them having to compete with the likes of Love Film and Netflix and launching their streaming service far too late.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (838 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Tim6950rpm wrote:
I'd be more worried about the future of Blockbuster personally with them having to compete with the likes of Love Film and Netflix and launching their streaming service far too late.

^This

Blockbuster are on almost as shaky ground as GAME financially

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Sounds like utter BS to me as this is the same Blockbuster who were stocking 3DS from day-one despite poor sales.

Fact is, nobody with half a brain-cell is going to use Blockbuster when there are places like Lovefilm and Boomerang offering much better value.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ok, but where can we now rent Vita games??? I actually got this info from a member of staff, was gutted as they were renting games £5 for 5 nights and I reckon I could complete Uncharted in that time. Oh well.

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

My local blockybees are stocking vita, games and accessories.

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mine too and manager told me they would continue. Blockbuster us have gone bust but uk blockbuster have been bought by a massive company called dish and future looks ok for now. Another fact is CEO of Sony and CEO of blockbuster are golfing buddies and best mates so don't believe all that you read
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

renting vita games is bad business for Sony so i guess blockbuster saying this is good news for Sony. 

also why some people are so worried about the future of vita ? as long as sony keeps on making decent games for it & it doesn't get hacked then there is no doubt vita's future is very bright one. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I think Blockbuster are at risk too regardless of what a branch manager says lol.

I can't really see why anyone would use them now - particularly not for purchasing a Vita or its games. Not only are they expensive for rentals, but you have to go there when everyone is just downloading or renting from Lovefilm.

What I do like about Blockbuster is that they're open until late and sometimes that's been handy. Then again, they don't have anything you can't just get in Asda, Tesco or wherever 24 hours now and those are cheaper than BB too.

For game rentals, Lovefilm do Vita and you can get a whole month for £5.....

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Why would i pay £6 to rent a vita game for 3 nights when i can rent as many as i like for unlimited time for £10 a month at boomerang rentals
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (764 Views)
0 Kudos