PS Vita General

30 Apr 2012
By: Lukus_g

4 Posts
Accepted Solution

Can't redeem WipEout 2048 Online Pass?

11 Replies 2301 Views Created 30-04-2012

Hey guys,

I recently got a PS Vita with WipEout and i'm lovin it so far!

Except i can't get online as i can't redeem the code that came with the game, i just the following error:

"The code you entered may not be correct or may be invalid.

Please check that you entered it correctly."

I got the game brand new, so not sure what the issue is? Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (2,301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Can't redeem WipEout 2048 Online Pass?

Put the code on here & I'll try it out for ya mate :Thumbs:

Nah lol.. Are you sure your typing it in right? maybe you've mistaken a number zero for the letter O..? 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (2,295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

hi there, r u sure ur psn account is in Euro? or maby its in USA, JP or HK?

the pass can only be used in the same region of the game and account.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (2,283 Views)
0 Kudos

Nice one tyllr1219, i bet that's it. I bought the Vita in the USA on business, i'm now in Africa and my PSN account is Aussie. I'll be in the U.K soon...
So, i can't play all of the game i legitimately paid for? +1 for pirating solutions AGAIN!

So what are my options?
Sell the game to someone in the US and buy an Aussie version (what's the difference? sheesh)?
Make a US account (looks like content there is cheaper than Australian content anyway)?

How odd. The world is such a small place, why screw a paying customer like this?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (2,274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yeah, as what u say, u can sell it and buy an Aussie version, or create a US account. otherwise u wont be able to play the online mode.

thats the problem i met before. im study in UK, but come from HK with a HK account. when i found this problem, i thought i can just buy a pass on HK PSN, but it still unworkable. LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (2,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Ahh that sucks Tyllr, why dosen't the HK account work for you?
So is there an official page on what countries are in which region? If i buy games in the UK, can i play those on an Aussie account? (I'm so rarely in Aus at the moment... LOL )
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (2,257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

well, sames the HK pass only works on a HK version game. but the game i got is a UK version. but there isnt a official annoncement, so im not sure about it. cause i also heared some guys play HK game (Japanese language) in JP account with a JP pass. what a mess!

no official page shows information about this. thus only thing we can do is to try it, or just buy games released in the country same as the  account.

fortunatly, those games without network pass can be played under any account. so you dont need to worry about this.

And what i do now is, any time i wanna buy a game, i check the PSN first. if there isnt a pass in add-on, i buy it in UK, otherwise, i buy the download version on PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (2,247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

To be fair you can't blame Sony for this. As you say it's due to them wanting to prevent piracy and hacking. Online passes can only be used with an account from the same region as the pass although the game itself is region free and can be used on any account. Making a US account just to play Wipeout is not practical as all your existing content bought and downloaded on your regular account won't work with it. So you will have to manage two accounts and switching accounts again due to wanting to prevent piracy is a hassle to do. I imported Hot Shots Golf at launch of the Vita not realising it had a separate online pass which of course I can't use on my main UK account. I don't blame Sony for this and I probably should have done more research but hey that's how it goes. I'm not a big online player so it's not really that big a deal to me.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (2,241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

to blackknight,
what u said is correct, this may contribute to preventing piracy and hacking.
But why Sony doesnt make an announcement about this? i come from HK and have a HK account, so its my fault to buy game in UK? u know in UK i cannot buy a HK version game easily, even the download version, cause HK PSN doesnt accept a UK debit card to top up.
if there is an official announcement, like what Nintendo did, i bet everyone will accpet it. but what the actual is, players bought wrong version game and cannot refund it. take myself as a example, i bought the pre-order pack with wipeout 2048, and at that time nobody knows the pass is region-locked. and this waste me over £30.
and the only thing i can do is, to pay a lot to buy a big memory card and re-buy the download version game from HK PSN.
i dont know why there isnt a official announcement. but i dare to say, Sony make this trap for his fans. those people live aboard of their motherland have to pay for Sony's stupid piracy preventing system.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (2,235 Views)
0 Kudos

i dont even know where to go to access my online pass password...can anyone plz help me

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (615 Views)
0 Kudos