PS Vita General

15 Feb 2012
By: Oxymoron28 Member 111 Posts
Level 3
Accepted Solution

Can't redeem my voucher code?

[ Edited ]
116 Replies 4521 Views edited 16-02-2012

So I got the pre-order back with the code, input the code and got the email with all the PlayStation home goodies an shiz.

But I've just got the email saying i can now redeem my £5 discount on a vita game, but it won't accept my code? What am I doing wrong here?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 117 (4,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Can't redeem my voucher code?

Came here to post the exact same thing. Any info on what's going on with that? My code worked fine for the Home Pre-order bonuses but now it just won't work. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 117 (4,517 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Vita games not released yet? Or, because it's a preorder code rather than full purchase it won't activate until you've actually got the Vita (that's to say you'll need to enter the code through the Vita store).

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 117 (4,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The way it's describe is, you redeem the voucher code, then select the game you want. Then sometime after the 21st they send you another email with another voucher code in it for £5 off the game you chose.

But I can't do the first step yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 117 (4,508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have got the exact same issue and I to came here to make a post about it!

The code worked with the initial pre-order varification for the Home and Avatar stuff. Then I got the email saying I can choose which game I want the discount for but the pre-order code no longer works!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 117 (4,505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

This is the e-mail I have received.

http://screencast.com/t/bt4nAA3NL

It clearly states I'm supposed to click the link and choose a game. Well, it won't let me. It asks for the preorder code from the box but doesn't accept it.

"There was an error with the pre-order code." it claims.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 117 (4,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

That is the exact same issue I'm having. I click on the select game link/button and then the pre-order code throws up the error
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 117 (4,485 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

The strange thing is I got the same email today which told me to click select which then took me to the Sony Playstation EU site asking me to sign in, provide an email address for them to send the redemption code and then asked me to enter the code from the preorder box only to be met with an error. That said I had already gone there a few days ago using the original email link, signed in and taken to a page where I chose my game which at the time seemed to work. I'm not sure if I was just meant to ignore the email I recieved today. To be honest I think Sony just made the process more convoluted then it needed to be. If I don't get my £5 off voucher code I'll be extremely annoyed.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 117 (4,480 Views)
Level 4

Archonik wrote:

This is the e-mail I have received.

http://screencast.com/t/bt4nAA3NL

It clearly states I'm supposed to click the link and choose a game. Well, it won't let me. It asks for the preorder code from the box but doesn't accept it.

"There was an error with the pre-order code." it claims.

Yes that's the same email I got although as I mentioned I had already signed in a few days back and gone through the selection process. Hopefully it won't mess things up.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 117 (4,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You need to go all the way back and find the original email which asked you to confirm your email address (back when you entered the preorder pack code), click that link again and it takes you to the game selection page.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 117 (4,474 Views)