18 Feb 2012
By: sid77 Member 414 Posts
Level 1

Confused about cross play functionality

7 Replies 476 Views Created 18-02-2012
Does it mean i will only have to buy DLC once or does it mean i only have to buy one copy of a game?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (476 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Confused about cross play functionality

[ Edited ]

For retail games that support it, just the Dlc once.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

sid77 wrote:
Does it mean i will only have to buy DLC once or does it mean i only have to buy one copy of a game?
It will vary from game to game. For some it's just DLC like Marvel Vs. Capcom and Wipeout. For others like Motorstorm RC, Top Darts and I believe Hustle Kings you just buy the game on one console and get it for free on the other.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (459 Views)
0 Kudos

I didn´t get it: so, for instance, I have a Wipeout 2048 cartridge for PS Vita - how do I go about cross playing with the PS3, since I don´t have Wipeout HD installed on my PS3? If I don't have to buy the game all over again for my PS3, how does it work?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]
There are 3 methods cross platform saves, cross platform multiplayer and remote play.

Cross platform saves : 2 separate games, one for vita one for ps3. You move the save between consoles to continue. Example ruin/warriors lair and MLB 2012.

Cross platform multiplayer : 2 separate games, one for vita one for ps3. In this case a person playing a multiplayer game can play against someone else playing the game on ps3. Wipeout and hustle kings are examples.

Remote play : game runs on ps3 but instead of using a tv for view and dual shock 3 for control, the vita is used via a wifi connection. Very little support for this now, just psone games, pixel junk.

Sharing dlc. Across platform is separate from these and up to publisher to allow or not, but it is more likely to occur with cross platform save and multiplayer games to allow the cross play functions to work.

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (305 Views)
0 Kudos

My question is this can you stop in the middle of a game save it then pick it up on the Vita? It seems like this only allows a season to be saved not a game
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

JeffR714 wrote:
My question is this can you stop in the middle of a game save it then pick it up on the Vita? It seems like this only allows a season to be saved not a game

Nope, only in between games.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Motorstorm RC does this because it stores the data on their servers and synchornises when you boot up the game on either console.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Kudos