PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

02 Mar 2012
By: disbandedear Member 16 Posts
Level 1

Content Manager wont install??

8 Replies 4085 Views Created 02-03-2012

Not strictly a vita problem but is anyone having trouble installing vita content manager on there pc?

Keeps telling me it needs windows media player to install yet obviously I have media player installed??

Any ideas?

btw my OS is XP if that makes any difference.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (4,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Content Manager wont install??

Do you meet this stuff :

One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3 or later (32-bit version only)
<snip>
Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
<snip>
Windows Media® Player 11 (for Windows® XP and Windows Vista™) (must be installed from the URL displayed on the installer screen)

Particularly about the bit that Media Player on XP must be installed from that URL (Sony must embed something in it I guess).

All taht was taken from here :
http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/gb/index.html

Rotor.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (4,082 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thx will check it out

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (4,076 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm also having a bit of trouble getting my Contenet Manager to install. The first two times i tried it the installer worked but whenever i got to the screen where you plug in you vita my computer crashed, and now the installer won't even work. When ever i open it it goes through the loading screen where its getting the Content Manager assistant.msi file, but then a window comes up saying "The feature you are trying to use is on network that is unavailable". And when i click ok to try again it says that it can't find the folder or something, and for me to verify that i have access to the location. Same thing happens when i try to run it as adminstrator. And i don't know if it means anything, but the first two times it worked i changed the folder locations to my D drive, so that might have something to do with it, but i'm not sure. I hope someone can help me fix this problem or i might end up re-installing windows. v..v

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (4,009 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

@VinceVentru

With errors like that I suspect a reinstall of Windows is indeed your best bet.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (4,006 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Couldn't get mine to install using the Vita itself, instead I downloaded it from the URL given when you scroll down

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (2,900 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If nothing works try this:

1. go to start menu

2. Write on the search bar "windows features"

3. an option called "Turn windows features on or off" will show up, click on that

4. Wait a couple of seconds in needs to search for installed features.

5. After that a list shows up, press on the '+' sign beside "Media features"

6. some items will show up under that including "Windows media player", the square in front of it should be marked with a 'v'. uncheck that and press ok.

7. Wait till it's uninstalled, if your pc asks for restart, do it.

8. After uninstall complete, go to that same spot where you unchecked "Windows media player" and now check it again, and press again to ok.

9. Wait for to installation to be completed, and try installing CMA again

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (2,892 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

u should also check the firewall setting windows firewall for sum reson needs to be enabled .....and cma must be allowed throo it me had similar issue and windows media player 11 needs to be installed for the folder share ....windows media player networking needs enabled check player settings netowking infp

teh memory of u will bloom like flower in garden of me hart

---,----@
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (2,881 Views)
0 Kudos

hello to all of those embarrassing, I got a new PS Vita but will not go to connect usb to pc and written that there should download this widnowsmediaplayer want to help me :/ / / / Thank you very much :womansad:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (2,416 Views)
0 Kudos