23 Mar 2012
By rob_b30
Playstation Staff

Dear Sony - Vodafone AU is destroying your customer experience

6 Replies 234 Views Created 23-03-2012

1. Vita bought from a Sony stoer with a Wipeout 2047 vodafone free game deal sticker on it  - code given by VF for the AU playstation store for game is invalid,  Vodafone have denied that they have to help me and asserted that this is a sony issue.  VF have agreed to get back to me Monday but only after one hell of a struggle.

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Prepaid/PS-VITA-Wipeout-2048/m-p/97411#M2660

2. Very slow 3G network

Not at all impressed...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Dear Sony - Vodafone AU is destroying your customer experience

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Everyone knows vodafone suck, that's why I'm going to let my sim lapse now that I have my free game.

are you sure it was the right code? the one they txt to your vita after your 1st recharge?

Walking Under Stars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hey rob,

Sorry to hear of your issues with the Wipeout 2048 code.

If you haven't already, we'd suggest contacting your local PlayStation Support Centre to verify why the code isn't working for you.

Whilst Vodafone is the preferred provider for the PS Vita, the PS Vita itself is not locked to the network, allowing you to choose which provider you'd like to continue with.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I did contsct my playstation support centre

As expected they informed me the code was already used

They then tranfered me back to VF.  Which was actually quite good, becasue they transfered me to a VF australia line, rather than the indian call centre who are incompetant beyond belief.

The VF centre in tassie (i think) told me they'd help and would get back to me on monday.  They however alos told me this was a Sony problem, and we had a nice frank discussion (again...) on why this was a VF problem.

bascially the transaction is with VF, in exchange for me giving them money I should recieve from them

1.  data (which I can't use becasue the network doesn't work).

2. a working game code for the sony store (which they havn't provided).

The legal onus is on VF to fix this problem, but the fact that VF think this is a Sony problem and are directing people to call Sony both from the VF call centre and through thier online community blog is either mischevious and unethical or blindly incompetant and igorant of australian consumer law.  Bascially the customer is being buried in process and beurorceacy with no outome.

Please see link to VF community thread on this subject below and the 70 odd posts of complaints to do with the wipeout 2047 VF offer

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Prepaid/PS-VITA-Wipeout-2048/td-p/88693/highlight/true/page/7

What I am trying to tell Sony is that VF are hurting the value proposition of the PS Vita in AU, I would suggest that some frank conversation between Sony and VF executives happen quickly.  My advice to Sony is also that you will have to micromanage VF if you want better outcomes.  Alternativley, find a different business patner that can demostrate to the customer that they actually value having the business.

-   and a quick check on www.vodafail.com will give you an idea of the how unusable the VF network is at the moment.  and it is unusable.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well, it's now after close of business Monday.

No-one from VF has got back to me.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Patience is a virtue.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos