16 May 2012
By: Chucklechoppers

4 Posts

Do you think Heavy Rain will be released on Vita???

11 Replies 1,297 Views Created 16-05-2012

Has anyone out there heard anything about Heavy Rain being released on Vita, if any game ever was suited to vita's touch screen and motion capabilities, Heavy Rain is the one!!!

Come on Sony, get your act together . . . you charge us a fortune for you technology, monopolise accessories with unique design of memory cards etc, PLEASE support us with a decent library of games :-)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (1,297 Views)
Level 3

Re: Do you think Heavy Rain will be released on Vita???

that would be cool...or another game similar to it!

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Or perhaps a game with a decent story and acting?

Seriously, I could NOT sympathise with the main character in Heavy Rain at all as it just came off as an idiot. 

I really REALLY wanted to like the game, but it just played like a tech demo to me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Chucklechoppers wrote:

Has anyone out there heard anything about Heavy Rain being released on Vita, if any game ever was suited to vita's touch screen and motion capabilities, Heavy Rain is the one!!!

Come on Sony, get your act together . . . you charge us a fortune for you technology, monopolise accessories with unique design of memory cards etc, PLEASE support us with a decent library of games :-)

Agree,Heavy rain would be perfect for the vita. I've been playing the same games twice and over due to lack of my kind of games plus with high prices have to make good choices . Heavy rain will be a definite choice. The kind of game you could go over again on the vita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

quote of quantic dream's david cage
"1UP: If Sony came to you and said, "We want Heavy Rain on Vita," would that be something you'd be interested in?

DC: Oh Vita is a very, very interesting platform. Now, would we want to go back to Heavy Rain and port it? I don't think so and I don't think that's the value of the studio. The value of the studio is really innovation in creating new IPs and discovering new ideas."
source: http://www.1up.com/news/heavy-rain-kara
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Just like Btommo quoted, David Cage/Quantic Dreams are not the kind of studio to port stuff and are not into sequels either. So Heavy Rain coming to the Vita? If I was a betting man I would put £100 on Heavy Rain never coming to the Vita BUT I would also put money on the brilliant mind that is Mr Cage and his superb studio making a brand new game for the Vita sometime in the next 2 years.

David Cage, MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

No and hopefully not. Why would you want a port of a game from 2010? I would much rather have a new game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

I don't think it's very likely that Heavy Rain will be released on the Vita, besides... The next David Cage game will be a new PS3 game.

excited for gamescom.jpg

Speculation based on facts.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

kivi95 wrote:
No and hopefully not. Why would you want a port of a game from 2010? I would much rather have a new game.
I agree.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,223 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks for appreciating such a fantastic game, I understand the risks of porting but to see something so sensational on Vita would be great!

I played the game to completion many times and enjoyed every episode and I'm worried I've spent so much money on a platform that will not supply the such intense games?
Maybe Heavy Rain wasn't the hardest game in the world but I have to disagree with others, Heavy Rain was/is clever and entertaining, the characters are believable and to think that making one different decision with a game can give such new direction is fantastic and creative!

I personally wouldn't think twice about splashing out on his one . . . but anyway, with the other replies and quotes, looks like we're in for a wait for something so good to come along???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,178 Views)
0 Kudos