27 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff

Downloading PS vita games via PC

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 23,843 Views edited 27-03-2012

So ok! I know, there were such topics before, but still, some time passed, and my hopes are high. I rarely have wifi access, so I can't rly download any games, via Vita. My question is, if there is any way, to download games via PC, and transfer them to vita (content manager), if its not possible. WILL it be possible, any clues? Anyone talked with Sony staff, about that topic? It really IS important for me, and I believe, that many more people. The reasons are - its cheaper, and obviously faster. Thanks for any informations regarding my problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (23,843 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Downloading PS vita games via PC

unfortunately, currently not available as an option. And, i have heard no news to say whether Sony are considering this, but logically they should at least be looking into it, they did it with the PSP and MediaGo, so i hope it will happen soon, the logistics are there from the PSP, its just incorporating it for the Vita

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (23,830 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Be a good idea they did it for the PSP so come on sony we want it :smileyvery-happy:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (23,819 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I found a way sort of.. its a bit of a mess but works a treat.

I connected my android htc to pc with a usb and turned on use pc for internet connection.

then i turned on wifi hotspot on my phone. then connect vita to my phone and download on my vita.

Not sure if this help.

Mat

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (23,766 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

how do i download ps vita games via pc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (21,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Its possible ever since 1.80
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (20,576 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

luckymurfitt wrote:
Its possible ever since 1.80

How is it possible? I've got a Mac and have been trying to get one game since June. I cant afford new phones (the vita was a gift and the Mac came through my school) and I just want to get my free downloadable game that I was entitled to since my first recharge with vodafone. I've got 1.80 and a Ethernet connection 4 my Mac so can I get the game through this? (also Ethernet Internet sharing doesn't work I've tried)

Stewart
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (20,244 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I know we can't its so annoying
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (18,718 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i was told today that you should be able to look at downloaded files via content manager on your pc, but i have no idea how to do it. all I want is to download old game sthat I already paid forl

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (18,593 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ok so its nearly 2013 and i cant find anything about it, i think there main consern is people uploading it to ilegal download sites but you can already do that just reverse. if anyone knows something can you please contact me eather psn (GenocidalMassacR) or facebook ( xXKURTXx ) thank you kind regards, Kurt

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (16,913 Views)
0 Kudos