Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy VII on vita question

lowestformofwit wrote:

Again, only going by stuff I read on the Internet around E3 but they said they were going to make the PSone games fit the vita screen (widescreen)That is what was said but to guess that covers the NTSC version as we know most PAL version were never full screen..  When questioned if this would just be 4:3 aspect ratio stretched they never got an full answer so it's all a bit of a mystery just now.

They will also be supporting the analogue stick to map the D-pad (although I very much doubt the control will be proportional like true analogue).

The only way that would work is to replace all Psone classics with their NTSC counterparts i would have thought.

Not used to seeing you on this forum lowestformofwit, good to see you.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16 (819 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PS vita resolution is 960 × 544, All PSone games will still need upscale applied even if they use US versions to even fit with out a boarder on top or bottom.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16 (809 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I bought ff7 on ps3 which i no longer have and ff 8 on vita today an both say cannot download to a ps vita system despite taking my money HELP!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

download it onto ps3 then transfer it to vita

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16 (604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

jason1971 wrote:
download it onto ps3 then transfer it to vita

W1SE_CAT says the PS3 is no longer an option...

So wait a little while. Try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly - most likely some errors crept into the meta-data files that accompany the games on the store. There are about ten or so affected PSOne games, including Final Fantasies 6, 7, 8 and 9.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

GraphiteGB wrote:

CLOUD1985 wrote:

I've played it on my old psp and the screen could be adjusted to a few different settings, normal, full screen, original, etc.

Looked good on the psp screen, should hopefully look even better on vita.

It will look a lot worse.

The lower the quality of the screen the better for PSone titles.

Lower resolutions hide the flaws in the graphics.

Thats why PS3 users need Re-encodes for HDTV use.

CRT SDTV screens are required for PSone and PS2 titles. LCD screens are just to good and show up the graphics for how bad they realy were.

Thats why the PSP was perfect. Crap tiny screen perfect simulator of the CRT resolution.

Retro gamers even keep their PS1/PS2 wired up to an OLD CRT just for this reason.  

hmmmm just tried crash bandicoot on vita and psp its better on vita

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16 (537 Views)
0 Kudos