27 May 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Free Replacement for damaged PS Vita

19 Replies 1,908 Views Created 27-05-2012
Okay, so I love my vita more than anything, I'm never off it, I really look after it and have a case on it, my little brother peeled my screen protector off and yesterday my girlfriend put my vita in her bag, the screen got lightly scratched but quite a lot and its really annoyed/upset me because I don't even want the Vita now that it looks like this. Is there anyway of getting it replaced for free?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (1,908 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Free Replacement for damaged PS Vita

I wouldnt think you would be able to get it replaced for nothing, ring Sony for a quote....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (1,900 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

nope.

otherwise sony would have to replace lots of them.

buy a new one or man-up and deal with it.

pmf (opined)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (1,892 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I dropped my iPhone 4 last year and apple replaced it for free there and then, without question when i took it in, they claim the vita is robust but i don't think they are a cOuple of people i know have dents in theirs so they cant be as robust as they claim!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (1,885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

eyresey91 wrote:
Okay, so I love my vita more than anything, I'm never off it, I really look after it and have a case on it, my little brother peeled my screen protector off and yesterday my girlfriend put my vita in her bag, the screen got lightly scratched but quite a lot and its really annoyed/upset me because I don't even want the Vita now that it looks like this. Is there anyway of getting it replaced for free?
Not likely I'm afraid as at then end of the day it was your own fault and not a defect or fault that occurred that was beyond your control.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (1,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

eyresey91 wrote:
I dropped my iPhone 4 last year and apple replaced it for free there and then, without question when i took it in, they claim the vita is robust but i don't think they are a cOuple of people i know have dents in theirs so they cant be as robust as they claim!
Apple use to do that on a case by case basis. The official li e now is they won't anymore as far too many people were taking advantage of it. Regardless of how robust it is if the user is at fault regards faults or damage the company has no obligation to replace or repair for free. I've owned a lot of devices over the years including several smart phones, tablets, hand held consoles and I've never scratched or damaged any of them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (1,880 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Me neither other than the iPhone, which was insured anyway, I'm mored bothered that it wasnt me that damaged it and other than but a new one theres nothing i can do really!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (1,876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

You could try a screen protector. (not trying to be funny) It may hide the scratches if they are really light because it will change the way light is reflected from the screen.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (1,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

A friend of mine recently got a new screen on his , look for a shop which fixe's phones where you live and ask them can they do anything the place where I live the guy just said he would see if he could find replacement screens he would fit it and he did and all it cost was €30.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (1,773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Now that so many of us own expensive portable gadgets such as iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets, PS Vitas and so on having home insurance (With additional accident cover) is pretty much essential these days

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20 (1,768 Views)
0 Kudos