10 Aug 2012
By: luckymurfitt Member 420 Posts
Level 4

Google chrome

15 Replies 7,074 Views Created 10-08-2012
do you think scee will release google chrome or some other useable browser to replace the vitas own !?!**?*!@ browser
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (7,074 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Google chrome

Of course not! If Sony wanted to bring better browsers to the psvita, they would have pre-installed them onto the handheld before release. After all, Sony wanted to showcase their technology by adding their own apps to the psvita like their own browser, but i share your view on how the vita's browser somewhat lacks "great functionality" in terms of overall performance compared to the bigger web browsers, i personally would like to see a better browser, as for one: you cant pause a game and go into the browser without shutting off the game, thats stupid, and also Sony promised full HTML5 support on the psvita's browser, which means it can play videos, and that claim was quickly proven wrong as soon as people started realising the vita's browser couldn't play videos. and that claim , if i remember rightly, is still listed under the psvita features on the playstation website!!!!! :smileysad: oh well....... we must keep our chins up and remember everything the psvita has done right, like bring some great games, a youtube app, and lots more really good games coming soon! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (7,062 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Chrome would be a good addition, they must.
----------------------------------
Danza, danza, Danza di fuoco e ghiaccio!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (7,054 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

[ Edited ]

first they can start give the 'youtube' app to the rest of the world that dont have it...

----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (7,043 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

sony are unlikely to release another web browser for the psvita, their pre-installed one can't just be deleted, every psvita owner would have to send the psvita's back and have the web browser removed by sony.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT! they could release a patch or update for the psvita's browser that updates it to chrome, although i doubt it as for a big company like sony, they would look very silly having to replace their own pre-installed software with a better browser as their one is not performing, so humiliation would be a big no no for sony and they wouldn't risk it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (7,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

i wish icould remove the browser, console browsers are crap always have been.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (7,028 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

i would delete alot of pre-installed stuff, like near and party, as near is useless on my wi-fi vita, as my wi-fi is not registered on skyhook (don't trust them with my wireless details) and party isn't great, although i sometimes use the browser just to quickly verify small things, but i mainly use my laptop for the internet.

I do think that whole social gaming thing SONY rambled on about is a load of rubbish, apart from the decent facebook and skype, twitter apps, they have things where you can like someones PSN activity and comment, i just want to play games, not waste my time rambling on to random gamers on party or liking a psn purchase!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (7,025 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Guy3847 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

i would delete alot of pre-installed stuff, like near and party, as near is useless on my wi-fi vita, as my wi-fi is not registered on skyhook (don't trust them with my wireless details) and party isn't great, although i sometimes use the browser just to quickly verify small things, but i mainly use my laptop for the internet.

I do think that whole social gaming thing SONY rambled on about is a load of rubbish, apart from the decent facebook and skype, twitter apps, they have things where you can like someones PSN activity and comment, i just want to play games, not waste my time rambling on to random gamers on party or liking a psn purchase!!!

Same, i could not care about near or party either

Friends, messaging trophies could be put into one app

music an video could also be one app

remote play and content manager could be one app

can't even remove the welcome pack :smileysad:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (7,022 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ive never used the party app on my vita, also i want to delete the welcome park as i already got most of the trophies on it and i want to free up some space on my vita. i never use the group messaging app, virtually useless.

near could be very useful for the call of duty vita multiplayer.

google chrome would be a great browser for the vita, especially because of the similar layout between google chrome on my laptop and the vitas browser (although the 'home' 'forward' and 'back' logos are on the side of the vitas browser because of the screen size and its easier to 'touch'). that google instant thing where you just type in the stuff on the top bar and it instantly searches is very useful. there should be a patch for the vitas browser and also HTML5 whatever its called.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (7,014 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Chrome is copyright to Google, Sony CAN NOT use it with out Googles permission.

Chrome will not be released With out Googles engineers coding it and giving it the OK. Chrome is there branded product. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (7,011 Views)
0 Kudos