05 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

How long till PS1 games become available?

15 Replies 868 Views Created 05-04-2012

I think we have all waited long enough. Come on Sony. How long do you want us to wait for something that is so important to alot of us.

This should have been sorted out for launch.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: How long till PS1 games become available?

I think that something will happen by July time, better it be half of the year then at the end/Q3.

That is unless hackers make one that works which then sony can grab and edit it. (But thats very unlikely)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we all suffer on this planet we call earth? - Unknown

Lets all take a page out of jak and daxters book, learn to be close and learn to stand up for who we are!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (860 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony has already said that they are working on it and that it is a one of the top priorities to Sony. They know PSone classics are a milking cow and they don't want to put that cow down:smileyhappy: Vita owners will get their hands on PSone classics but it will take time and i think summer/fall is a good guess.

A very satisfied owner of PS Vita (Wi-Fi) with PS1 support "fully" functional now! Sony, fix those missing titles!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If it was one of Sony's top priorities, I'd have thought it would of been done by now, I mean, they've released the 1.66 system update, why couldn't they include PS1 support in that? I think Summer/Fall is to late, personally.

There aren't many Vita games out at the moment either, so playing PS1 titles would be brilliant. Considering the hype over the Vita, I thought PS1 support would of been enabled on launch, and if so, the game sales on the PS Store would have increased pretty rapidly I reckon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think one of the other problems with getting psone on vita is memory cards as at the mo they are far to expensive and I will put money on the fact that anyone with PS+ as a mountin of psone games so space is a big problem aswell as getting the emulation working.

But hay it could be far worse they could have said NO backwards compatability at all!! Just keep that in mind :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (807 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

I think we have all waited long enough.

No, I'm good. I could stand to wait longer. :Thumbs:

More seriously, I think it's clear that SCE are working on a brand new Vita-native emulator. Emulating console hardware is a notoriously tricky thing to do - if you want 99% of games to work correctly.

If you're happy to accept that the only games that work will be the ones that limited themselves to the standard libraries and didn't try any sneaky tricks to squeeze extra horsepower from the architecture then yeah, I imagine Sony could give you an emulator quicker. But then you wouldn't be able to play most of the best games on the system. :smileyindifferent:

Soozibags: The People's Champion
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

I think we have all waited long enough. Come on Sony. How long do you want us to wait for something that is so important to alot of us.

So just over a month you have been waiting you make it sound like the vita has been out for months or years.

personally i'd rather ps2 games on vita than ps1 most ps1 games the controls & graphic are hidieous some you can get away with them lookng bad but others why bother.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Muttykins wrote:

NEO-BAHAMUT- wrote:

So just over a month you have been waiting you make it sound like the vita has been out for months or years.

personally i'd rather ps2 games on vita than ps1 most ps1 games the controls & graphic are hidieous some you can get away with them lookng bad but others why bother.

I agree with you buddy, I'd rather have PS2 support than PS1, I hope they enable PS2 games to be played in the future, they'd be brilliant on the Vita. I'd still love to have PS1 support though, don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'll sort something out before next year.

PS2 support would be greatly appreciated though! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah id like to see more ps2 games on vita too, i cant wait for final fantasy and persona .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

PS2 support isn't going to happen. Sony have already stated they don't plan on making PS2 games compatible with the Vita. I suspect it wouldn't just be straight emulation but they would need to rework the code which in their mind isn't worth it. I think PS1, PSP and Minis is all they will support. Even PS3 remote play is very unlikely to happen except for maybe a handful of games.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (730 Views)
0 Kudos