Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: I feel let down...

[ Edited ]

jeremyrigby wrote:

I'm downloading some of my old psp games to vita and the graphics are horrible because they are not original size...I would love to know how to ask Sony to include an update so that these games are played original size:smileyhappy:

Depends what you mean by original size as the Vita screen is EXACTLY 4x the pixels of the PSP screen, so games play identical to how they did on the PSP.  Basically every 4 Vita pixels represent 1x PSP pixel.

The reason they might feel slightly more pixelated is because the OLED screen is much sharper than the crappy PSP LCD was and also physically bigger.  But to display them smaller would distort the image as it wouldn't be 1:1 pixel mapping.

Personally when comparing my PSP and Vita running the same game, they look equally pixelated to me.  Or did you have the PSPgo?  That might explain why it was small enough to not look pixelated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I downloaded Monster Hunter 2 and it works, but it's not in the PS Vita list, I bought it from my PSP and downloaded from my PS Vita download menu, I'm sure there are lots of PS1 games that work that way

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35 (199 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

@Rotorhead

Sorry, but I'm not going to buy games I don't want to buy to support a console =/ if Sony wants the Vita to live, they need to inject some money of their own to get titles that I like going, before I even buy 1 game. There's probably... 1 Vita game I want that's been released and 2 that haven't...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

Sorry, but I'm not going to buy games I don't want to buy to support a console =/ if Sony wants the Vita to live, they need to inject some money of their own to get titles that I like going, before I even buy 1 game. There's probably... 1 Vita game I want that's been released and 2 that haven't...

Simple don't support the Vita then as it has little to nothing you want.

Sony have invested money into it but as JUST LIKE ANY CONSOLE it takes time to establish itself.

Wait for the games to come nothing wrong in that if your not happy with what it has now.

When I got my Vita I knew I liked some of the games and I would have to wait for others just like when I got every console I have bought.

Nothing wrong with waiting but the people expecting everything from the start for a console  have delusions like many on here seem to think. as that never happens.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

You're not the OP are you?

Buy whatever game you like dude. My point was the OP said he likes Uncharted, and then complains there's only one game he likes - surprise, there's only one uncharted style game, the other 30-odd games cover different tastes. That's a good thing.

If your taste in games is limited to one genre, you are going to have a problem as a single console owner, and particularly so on a newly released console. I'd recommend you buy multiple consoles or broaden your repertoire to different syles of gameplay.

Vita's won't disappear next week or month or year - just buy one when you care about some games it has.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

RotorHed wrote:

Void-Keeper wrote:
@Rotorhead

You're not the OP are you?

Buy whatever game you like dude. My point was the OP said he likes Uncharted, and then complains there's only one game he likes - surprise, there's only one uncharted style game, the other 30-odd games cover different tastes. That's a good thing.

If your taste in games is limited to one genre, you are going to have a problem as a single console owner, and particularly so on a newly released console. I'd recommend you buy multiple consoles or broaden your repertoire to different syles of gameplay.

Vita's won't disappear next week or month or year - just buy one when you care about some games it has.

Rotor.

WHich I am happy about not a Uncharted Fan :smileyvery-happy:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

While I like the uncharted games, I'm happy enough with one every 18 months or so! Any more than that and it'll get boring.

Of course, Unit 13 is also a cover shooter, but it's different enough from unc to be its own game.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

RotorHed wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

While I like the uncharted games, I'm happy enough with one every 18 months or so! Any more than that and it'll get boring.

Of course, Unit 13 is also a cover shooter, but it's different enough from unc to be its own game.

Rotor.

Loved the first Uncharted  2nd one was good hated the 3rd one to much enperisis on Multiplayer IMO.

Below is a Signature

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

oLEATHERFACEx wrote:

Ps-Vita-Dead-in-the-Water-600x300.jpgpsvitatroll.jpg

Original... 

Oh wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (122 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Vitas starting to sell much better in Japan at least, it would have probably done the same for the rest of the world if they showed more games at E3 and ones that most appeal to the us market or the Europe market. They released persona 4 in japan and sales spiked because it appealed to Japanese people and is what they wanted. I'm sure by the end of 2012 vita will be selling bucket loads but what game is coming out that is a must buy to the point that people will go and buy the vita, what is the persona and monster hunter of Europe and America? COD maybe? No matter what it is people should be looking toward to Gamescom
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Kudos