Nutella actually.
'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 71 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: I love the Vita.... but......

The prices of the games aren't going to drop much and inferior titles won't lahnch cheaper, it'll be the same ad with the consoles .. the games companies have seen the prices games sell at and they want a piece of that pie .. not the crumbs.

2nd hand games won't be much cheaper either, if you walk into game, gamestation etc and try to get a somewhat recent game 2nd hand .. you'll probably save a fiver
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 71 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

BlackKnightJP wrote:

donwhann wrote:

BlackKnightJP wrote:

bobchickenkfc wrote:

Sorry but was dropped on my head as a child, I thought paragraphs was the scoring system for the special olympics.

No need to be sarcastic. I could have been rude but I wasn't. I just asked politely if you could break it up into readable paragraphs. You may find it easy to read a continuous wall of text but most can't. It doesn't take a lot of effort to do that but if you're too lazy to do so then so be it.

lol, and there was no need for you to police someones grammer on a forum, its not an english exam he's sitting........just saying.

on topic.....i agree with the op, far too expensive at the moment. i've only played one in Game and as much as i thought it was some some kit, the initial set up price is crazy, as for the game prices....too much for me. i'll pick one up when they hit the £150......

First of all it's got nothing to do with you so please keep out of it. Secondly don't accuse me something I didn't do. I never policed anything. I merely made a suggestion about how to post so it's easy to read. If some people are too lazy to do that then I'm not going to read it. End of discussion.

Here you are, I have reformatted the original post for the benefit of people who can't read blocks of text, enjoy!  I must admit I found it quite hard to split this into paragraphs so I apologise if it takes away from the meaning.

Before I get accused of ‘flame baiting’ or‘trolling.’ I have played the Vita and I love it and its an amazing bit of kit and feels great to hold, but it’s the fact that Sony’s head is so far in the clouds, (or up their arse) that they can’t see its main problem….price, price of the Vita itself?? 

No, no it’s a good price for what you get, it’s the price of the games and memory cards, seriously who in their right mind is going to pay those ridiculous for memory cards? Ok Amazon give you a free 8GB card, but if Sony want a higher take up of digital distribution of games how far is that, or even 32GB, going to go?

Now games…ok they are proper full length but £44.99 for Uncharted, Hell no even the online price of £37.99 is too much and at the end of the day you are paying a premium price for a game that you will never be able to play on anything other that a 5 inch screen that alone should make games cost more than£20. Reality Fighters is a game similar to a 69p APP on the Apple Store so why wasn’t that priced more competitively? 

The fact that it’s flopping in Japan is again proof of their terrible strategy, Japan was the country that the PSP did the best, so you would think the Vita would follow suit so what chance does it have in the UK and US. I think it was the interview with the Sony boss that infuriated me the most he just seems so blind to these issues its almost laughable and unless there is a major price restructure and Sony Abandon their stupid policy on propriety Memory cards within 12 months Vita will fail as by then their will be far more advanced smart phones and tablets that will be producing games at 1080p or more for prices that Sony just can’t compete with.

I wanted to like the Vita I really did, I love my Playstation 3 it’s the best console for years full stop, but there really is no room for a dedicated, hardcore gaming portable charging £40+ a game it just makes no sense whichever way you look at it. 69p games are a good quick gaming fix, and that’s why Apple have succeeded their products are expensive but their apps are very well priced (although I detest touch screen controls) in depth gaming experiences are really only suited to home consoles.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 71 (330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

In my opinion, the Vita is too expensive. Amazon are selling the wi-fi vita for £210, with a selected game and an 8gb card its £245. The 3DS is £134 and 8gb SD cost about £5.

Sony should have cut out all the "fat" on the Vita to make it cheaper. The back touch panel for a start, its just a gimmick really that could easily be replaced by front touch screen functionality.

The processor has 4 cores! With new models of phone coming out reletively frequently, Sony should have  aimed to beat, just the 3DS in terms of processor power. To try to stay ahead of phones that are contract subsidised is overly costly, and like p*ssing into the wind.

The memory cards are rediculously priced. Fair enough if Sony want to recoup costs on "Sony only" memory cards,  but at this price they are taking the micky. A 32mb class 10 micro sd is £30.50 on amazon. a £37 will only get you a 16gb vita card. Sony could make memory cheaper and make much more money from more frequent downloads, the way apple with itunes does.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 71 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Icarus21 wrote:

In my opinion, the Vita is too expensive. Amazon are selling the wi-fi vita for £210, with a selected game and an 8gb card its £245. The 3DS is £134 and 8gb SD cost about £5.

Sony should have cut out all the "fat" on the Vita to make it cheaper. The back touch panel for a start, its just a gimmick really that could easily be replaced by front touch screen functionality.

The processor has 4 cores! With new models of phone coming out reletively frequently, Sony should have  aimed to beat, just the 3DS in terms of processor power. To try to stay ahead of phones that are contract subsidised is overly costly, and like p*ssing into the wind.

The memory cards are rediculously priced. Fair enough if Sony want to recoup costs on "Sony only" memory cards,  but at this price they are taking the micky. A 32mb class 10 micro sd is £30.50 on amazon. a £37 will only get you a 16gb vita card. Sony could make memory cheaper and make much more money from more frequent downloads, the way apple with itunes does.

I'll take the Vita as it is and just pay the price thanks. People just gotta learn that if something is more expensive than they can afford - that doesn't mean neccesarily it's too expensive, just that they don't have the funds.

Come back in a couple of years, maybe you can get one then - meantime, just play the 3DS.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 71 (286 Views)
Level 4

Icarus21 wrote:

It does have front touch screen functionality and the rear touch pad is far from being a gimmick. I doubt you own a Vita or have even used a Vita extensively. It's certainly not over priced and Sony got the functionality and features just right. Yes the memory cards are expensive but they are one way of them making money as they're taking a loss on the hardware. That said if you buy one large memory card you should be set for a while. The Vita isn't without it's flaws and issues but this is the case with all new hardware. No doubt future software updates and hardware revisions will fix that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 71 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Thanks for taking the time to do that for me honey, with my dxlesica and pis poor speling you have really saved my lfe! love you. May I stay eith you in your mums basement? bagsy top bunk :smileyhappy:

'shouldn't it be 'mofu?'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 71 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

BlackKnightJP wrote:

Icarus21 wrote:

It does have front touch screen functionality and the rear touch pad is far from being a gimmick. I doubt you own a Vita or have even used a Vita extensively. It's certainly not over priced and Sony got the functionality and features just right. Yes the memory cards are expensive but they are one way of them making money as they're taking a loss on the hardware. That said if you buy one large memory card you should be set for a while. The Vita isn't without it's flaws and issues but this is the case with all new hardware. No doubt future software updates and hardware revisions will fix that.

I know it has front touch screen functionality, that's part of the reason i questioned if the rear touch was really needed. You are right Sony are making a loss, overall as a company they have been making a huge loss for the past 4 years running. Sony need to ask themselves what functions are really needed and what will be the selling factors for their product. In hard economic times the "barrier to entry" is usually the price point. I doubt anyone can honestly say that what made people buy the Vita was the back touch pad. Its more likely people would say "it has better graphics than the 3DS" or "Its the only handheld with a second analogue stick" If Sony had cut unnecessary functions and theirfore costs, more people would jump onboard.

I did say it was fair enough for Sony to recoup some cost with "Sony only" memory cards, but charging more than twice the going rate is taking advantage of consumers and puts people off making a purchase.

I want Sony to do well, I really enjoy my PS3, but it would be nice for them to release a product that's not gimped in some way. Hardware revisions are a good thing, but I do get the feeling some inovations are held back just so it can go in the next "revision". (for example the vita is based on the shape of the old PSP, why not give it a slimer form factor like the PSP Go? I bet thats the next possible revision)

Holding revisions back is fine if you're at the top like Apple or Nintendo, but if you've made a four year loss like Sony you've got to make sure you're product sells like hot cakes.  I'm not saying this to annoy Sony Fanboys, I'm saying it because I want to see Sony around for the PS4 and making games for the future.

Overall it just seems like Sony makes some odd decisions.

Oh and to "Rotor"

I could go out and buy a Vita if I really wanted too. But for the reasons I have mentioned in my previous posts, I haven't. Many more people have gone out and bought a 3DS or an apple product. You might not care, but Sony sure do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 71 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Icarus21 wrote:

Oh and to "Rotor"

I could go out and buy a Vita if I really wanted too. But for the reasons I have mentioned in my previous posts, I haven't. Many more people have gone out and bought a 3DS or an apple product. You might not care, but Sony sure do.

So let me get this straight - you could buy a Vita if you really wanted do but don't want to because :

1) It has a back touchscreen and

2) It has a second analog.

Without these things, you'd go and buy one right? In which case, send me your details since I have just the thing for you right here and I'll sell it to you for a what a Vita costs right now.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 71 (245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

Icarus21 wrote:

If Sony had cut unnecessary functions and theirfore costs, more people would jump onboard.

I want Sony to do well, I really enjoy my PS3, but it would be nice for them to release a product that's not gimped in some way. Hardware revisions are a good thing, but I do get the feeling some inovations are held back just so it can go in the next "revision".

Can you not see the irony in what you said above?

You think Sony should have gimped the Vita so that they could sell it cheaper, but you wish they would release a product not gimped and not hold back innovations to later revisions?

Guess what, that is EXACTLY what Vita is.  A none-gimped PSP where they DIDN'T hold back innovations to later revisions, they put everything in there from day one and as such it has to sell for more than the 3DS.  Bearing in mind the only reason the 3DS doesn't cost as much is because it wasn't selling well and Nintendo panicked and dropped the price - because they need money right now to launch the Wii U later this year.

Seriously though, if the Vita had been just a minor improvement on the 3DS, I wouldn't have bought it.  I have a 3DS, its good for the kind of games Nintendo excel at.  However its completely on the back burner since I got my Vita, THAT is what I want from a handheld and if Sony had gimped on the specs it would just have been another PSP.  For once they actually delivered as promised (I will forgive the missing PSone support and that my favourite PSP games don't work yet) and you are complaining, I mean ***** make your mind up.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 71 (225 Views)
0 Kudos