Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: IM VERY UPSET MY FRIEND STOLE MY RESISTANCE BURNING SKIES ONLINE PASS

pressmyfoot wrote:
Did anyone ever win an internet arguement?

pmf (always right)

No, you just get stuck in some sort of infinite loop as far as I can make out.

They just go round and round and round and round......

Makes me feel quite dizzy :Ill:

Oh and your blood pressure goes up. So in general I try to steer clear on tinterweb arguments as they don't seem to be good for your health in the slightest.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 50 (418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Look. It's very very simple.

A) He's not a friend to be trusted;
B) He probably never has been;
C) Be more choosy with whom you consider yourself to be 'friends' with in future;
D) NEVER use another account for your stuff, as this is always bound to end in tears;
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 50 (415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I wonder if the OP is actually old enough to play this game. It seems to me that the ones who usually whinge about game sharing and such are in the 10-15 age range.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 50 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Codey47 wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Codey47 wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Codey47 wrote:

Demand £7.99 from your so called "friend". A true friend would give you £7.99 for the mistake YOU made.

But you will get nothing returned from Sony because you admitted to inputting said code on friends account...it's hardly stealing...is it?

IrishViper1 wrote:
It's Not your friends fault or anyone else's the fault lays squarely with you,there was no reason whatsoever for you to activate a online pass on someone else's account for a game which you purchased .It clearly states that online passes can only be used on one account.Seeing as you were clearly game sharing it's no one else's fault but yours. If it means so much to you that you want a online pass then go and purchase one and in the future you won't be as stupid as you were by activating a online pass on someone else's account . Purple is there for a reason and if you choose to ignore it then you have to live with the consequence 's.

And gave Sony both accounts in question to be banhammer'd HARD!!!

Not a good week for the OP, I'm sure.

Doubt they will do that since game sharing and selling of games IS legal in most EU countries. The EULA has not legal stand point in court so it would be very costly for them to ban people breaking the EULA.

Not in Sony's world it isn't.

We all sign up to the T and C's so basically we've sold our souls to the devil

But who on earth reads that s hite, right?

The words from former staff MusterBuster

"Piracy is a crime kiddies, game sharing is not legal. The 5 download limit is there to protect you if your console breaks, and to allow you to have access to your account on several consoles which you own.

MB"

Read Here

and Here

So next time you get all LA Law on my a s s.... make sure you KNOW what you're talking about

Sonys world does not matter if you would go to court about it.

The EULA you sign AFTER you bought the product holds NO value at all. It is just something the game developers and hardware developers has come up with the last couple of years.

Some of it would hold value if you are informed about your right BEFORE you buy the product and even then the EULA can never bypass any laws written.

A good example is digital software. It has always been legal to sell it. But the game manufacturers has limited it in the EULA and banned people for trying to sell it.

So now the Court of Justice of the European Union has stepped in and said what they are doing is wrong and that it is legal to sell digital software. And this is only the first step in setting the game industry in their right place.

And game sharing is legal in some of the EU countries like I stated before. But do not mix it with piracy! Piracy is when you illegaly distribute the game among random people. You are allowed to borrow a game to a friend.

Yes I do know what I'm talking about. 

Well if you firmly stand by this............ gameshare. I'm perfectly happy for you to be a guinea pig

And start up a topic "Is gamesharing allowed?"

And how on earth would I expect to sell a digital copy linked to my PSN account..it's just not possible at the moment.

We are not talking about selling we are talking about Gamesharing!

What does starting a topic about it do besides ***** moderators off?

You could start a topic about 3DS games and how good they are and it would get locked. Does not mean 3DS is illegal. The moderators on this forum does not write the laws.

And yes you can sell your games. PSN does not have any graphical options for you to do it but you can sell it and write them a email and tell them who they should transfer the game to.

They are required to do this or they will be breaking the law.

Google for "EU rules publishers cannot stop you reselling your downloaded games" and you will find

"The Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that publishers cannot stop you from reselling your downloaded games.

More specifically: "An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the use of his programs downloaded from the internet."

The Court said the exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by the license is "exhausted on its first sale".

The ruling means that gamers in European Union member states are free to sell their downloaded games, whether they're from Steam, Origin or another digital platform - no matter what End User License Agreement has been signed.

The ruling continues: "Therefore, even if the licence agreement prohibits a further transfer, the rightholder can no longer oppose the resale of that copy."

The ruling suggests that if you've bought a license for a game off your mate, you're within your rights to download it from the publisher's website. "Therefore the new acquirer of the user licence, such as a customer of UsedSoft, may, as a lawful acquirer of the corrected and updated copy of the computer program concerned, download that copy from the copyright holder's website," the Court said.

Whether Valve and EA will make changes to their websites to reflect the ruling remains to be seen." 

The laws around game sharing depends on the country you are in. It is allowed in some EU countries like Sweden. And just like selling, game developers has been trying to stop it.

It is just a matter of time before the court of justice steps in again. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 50 (392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Codey47 wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Codey47 wrote:

Demand £7.99 from your so called "friend". A true friend would give you £7.99 for the mistake YOU made.

But you will get nothing returned from Sony because you admitted to inputting said code on friends account...it's hardly stealing...is it?

IrishViper1 wrote:
It's Not your friends fault or anyone else's the fault lays squarely with you,there was no reason whatsoever for you to activate a online pass on someone else's account for a game which you purchased .It clearly states that online passes can only be used on one account.Seeing as you were clearly game sharing it's no one else's fault but yours. If it means so much to you that you want a online pass then go and purchase one and in the future you won't be as stupid as you were by activating a online pass on someone else's account . Purple is there for a reason and if you choose to ignore it then you have to live with the consequence 's.

And gave Sony both accounts in question to be banhammer'd HARD!!!

Not a good week for the OP, I'm sure.

Doubt they will do that since game sharing and selling of games IS legal in most EU countries. The EULA has not legal stand point in court so it would be very costly for them to ban people breaking the EULA.

Not in Sony's world it isn't.

We all sign up to the T and C's so basically we've sold our souls to the devil

But who on earth reads that s hite, right?

"Piracy is a crime kiddies, game sharing is not legal. The 5 download limit is there to protect you if your console breaks, and to allow you to have access to your account on several consoles which you own.

MB"

Read Here

and Here

So next time you get all LA Law on my a s s.... make sure you KNOW what you're talking about

And game sharing is legal in some of the EU countries like I stated before. But do not mix it with piracy! Piracy is when you illegaly distribute the game among random people. You are allowed to borrow a game to a friend.

Yes I do know what I'm talking about. 

I never said it was ilegal.

When signing up to PSN you agreed not to do it with any digital downloads when signing the contract sony present you before giving you access to PSN.

Also only a idiot would share their login details to share digital content!

The EULA can never bypass any laws in your country.

Think of it like this. You make a sign on your lawn that says that anyone who steps on your lawn agrees to be shot. This is your EULA and by stepping on your lawn they agree to it.

And now when that person steps on your lawn and gets shot. Do you think the police is going to carry his body away because he agreed to your contract? Or do you think the police is going to follow the laws in your country that prevents YOU from shooting people no matter what the EULA says?

Like I said before and guess I have to say it again. Does not matter what the contract you sign says it can never ever bypass any laws in any country ever.

And when you sign a contract you have to do it BEFORE you buy the product.

But I do agree with you. You are clearly an idiot if you share your details for your accounts with anyone. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 50 (389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Marcus8958 wrote:

Gamesharing is against the terms and conditions of use. Therefore it's a breach of civil law. Discussion of unlawful activities is not permitted in the forums. Hence we don't condone gamesharing here.

You could start a topic about 3DS games and how good they are and it would get locked. Does not mean 3DS is illegal. The moderators on this forum does not write the laws.

Really? That would be excessive. Move the topic to General Discussion or something instead - that would seem to be the appropriate action.

And yes you can sell your games.

Yep, that recent EU court document (media version here) does indeed make that clear. So the OP is entirely within his or her right to give R:BS online code to his 'friend'. :smileytongue:

But I think people were talking about game sharing, in which the user retains access to play the games after sharing them. That same EU court document makes it clear that this is not within the user's rights.

"Furthermore, the Court states that an original acquirer of a tangible or intangible copy of a computer program for which the copyright holder’s right of distribution is exhausted must make the copy downloaded onto his own computer unusable at the time of resale."

I expect the software companies will point out that there is no way of making one's copy unusable at the time of resale except by requesting one's own account to be revoked. Might be interesting to see how this develops.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 50 (386 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Gamesharing is against the terms and conditions of use. Therefore it's a breach of civil law. Discussion of unlawful activities is not permitted in the forums. Hence we don't condone gamesharing here.

Don't mix game sharing with piracy.

The problem here is that the use of the word sharing. If it means you share a product you have legally obtained with a friend without making a copy of it, then it is legal in most countries.

But you are not allowed to share it in the terms of making copies or renting it.

And if discussions about illgeal activites is not allowed on the forum the discussion about the EULA is not allowed since it is not legal before or after the ruling of the court.

Because it clearly states you are not allowed to sell anything.

"All intellectual property rights in Sony Entertainment Network and the Services belong to us and/or our licensors. All use of or access to Sony Entertainment Network and the Services is subject to these Conditions, any relevant Additional Conditions and all applicable laws.

Unless expressly authorised by us, you must not:
share, sell, transfer, rent or sublicense any Service or part of any Service to anyone else; or"

And you can make it possible to revoke games that has been sold. If you sell a game then obviously you need to transfer the game from your account to another. And with Steam/Origin and other services you can't start the games without using steam so making a digital copy of the game files is of no value at all.

And I'm pretty sure it works the same with playstation plus. That you can't play the downloaded games after your subscription has run out.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 50 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

17 dollars.

pmf (obscure)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 50 (368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I think we're all in general agreement here.

And if discussions about illgeal activites is not allowed on the forum the discussion

You know what I mean: discussion that promotes, condones or provides instructions on how to do naughty things. And everything in context. The folks on the WASEU forums are always talking about killing each other! :smileysurprised:

And you can make it possible to revoke games that has been sold. If you sell a game then obviously you need to transfer the game from your account to another. And with Steam/Origin and other services you can't start the games without using steam so making a digital copy of the game files is of no value at all.

But - unless I'm horribly mistaken - Sony and Steam make no provision for you to transfer your games from your account to another one. (I know nothing about Origin; I do know that Steam will allow you to buy multiple copies and transfer the copies to your friends, but I think you have to have at least one copy associated with your own Steam ID before you can give them away.)

The question is, should they make such provision? I don't think there is anything in that EU press overview to say that they have to. Which is a bit of a shame. :smileywink:

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 50 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Marcus8958 wrote:

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Marcus8958 wrote:

Don't mix game sharing with piracy.

Essentially that's what it is. The other party is obtaining a copy for free by replicating your account on their PS3 and downloading ANOTHER copy.

Even If I sell my account. It's not a transaction in Sony's vocabulary.

MB"

If you do not know MusterBuster by name he was Sony Staff

This is from the horses mouth so to speak and I'm pretty much convinced apart from the amount of PS3's has changed since. That this still stands.

Agreeing to the T&C's acts as a legally binding signature.

Playstation Revamped

Jesus Teabagged Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 50 (352 Views)
0 Kudos