09 Apr 2013

Playstation Staff

Is it worth buying PS Vita now, wait for PS4 or just get some good PS3 titles?

4 Replies 2,927 Views Created 09-04-2013

I acquired a PS3 60GB (the one that plays PS2 games) from a friend last year and it hasn't been put to much use, as I only have a couple of decent games for it right now.

Should I get a PS Vita now (bearing in mind a possible price drop or even a complete ditch of the platform by Sony, and a slight lack of titles), invest in some good PS3 games now (bearing in mind they will all become near enough obsolete with the launch of the PS4, or wait for the PS4?

Will more PS4 details be announced at E3 or not?

Another option is switching to Xbox but then with all the rumours of the 720 I'm stuck in the same predicament. :Confused:

Opinions please! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

PS3 60GB
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (2,927 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Is it worth buying PS Vita now, wait for PS4 or just get some good PS3 titles?

first i will say DONT GO XBOX.... if i would you i would go for more ps3 games, since this is your first ps3. there are a lot of good games out there and you get the older titles very cheap used. sony will support the ps3 at least for another 5 years after the ps4 release, so your all good and not going obsolete anytime soon. the vita is one of the thing sony are not gonna ditch and will get better and better. in the future the vita may be bundled with the ps4 so you get both. if not the price will go down and you can buy both separate later on.... for now just buy ps3 games for cheap and enjoy, thats my advice :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (2,913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Is it worth buying PS Vita now, wait for PS4 or just get some good PS3 titles?

Well I don't think I will be much help to you, but I will share my thoughts.

I'm a PC guy, The price you pay to get a console, I use it to buy a gaming pc instead of an ordinary pc. and I bet the PS4 will be expensive as hell when it's released.

I also liked the ps1 and ps2 a lot (didn't own a ps3). Now I got a ps vita as a portable alternative. I also can play ps one classics on it, which is nostaljic.

But set aside all these things. Smart phones are also very expensive if you want a good one. So Instead I bough a durable nokia with no much "smart" features, but 1 week of battery life. So I use my PS-vita instead as for the "smart" features of a smart phone. When considering it like that. PS-vita is the most powerfull smartphone you can buy and it's way cheaper too.

So yeah. Don't know if this helps you, but this is what I have to share

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (2,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Why is it people ALWAYS fail to mention what type of games they like when wanting help on decisions like these?

It comes to down on whether there games on the Vita you want to play.

Without knowing our preferences, I don't know whether to advise you buy a Vita, or a Sega Master System.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (2,892 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

There won't be a price drop any time soon.Sony won't be ditching the Vita in fact it's the complete opposite as its going to be implemented more with the PS4 than it currently is with the PS3.As for games if your just now picking up a Vita there is a very good stock of games out there.Ive never switched to Xbox as I've always had both and plan to have both also next generation but my no1 console has always been the PS3 as I just feel overall it's the better system,plus I don't believe in paying €60 for a game and then paying again so I can play it.Yes more PS4 details will be announced at E3 and probably even before it,as for the 720 I'm just going to wait and see.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (2,867 Views)
0 Kudos