Level 3

Re: Lack of games

I have Bioshock and never got into it. only played it for like an hour and got bored.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 46 (1,574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

OK, before this thread gets bogged down in disagreement borne from minute examination of the purely subjective, let's have a bit of perspective.

At launch, there were thirty titles available:

A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
EA Sports FIFA Football
Escape Plan
Everybody’s Golf
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience HD
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048

This on top of Welcome Park and the three free AR games that were provided.

Since launch - a period of slightly less than 10 weeks - the following titles have been added:

Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Pure Chess

StarDrone Extreme

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz

Unit 13

So that's seven new titles in nine weeks. Somewhat better than a release 'every other week'.

Now people may want to argue that there aren't so many wholly original titles (welcome to the world of video-gaming, bud) or there may be some disagreement about what classes as an 'AAA' title or a 'big' title (handheld consoles have always lacked the big hitters that the home consoles get, or, if lucky, have got ports of triple-A goodness).

But if you want to argue that there's a lack of games, you need to be a little clearer what you mean by that, 'cos I count 37, right there. Which is pretty good for a console not ten weeks old.

"I spent 15 years up to my elbows in body fluids and body parts"
                                 -- Soozibags
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (1,572 Views)
Level 4

People keep complaining there is a lack of games and this statement has no foundation what so ever as the above post indicates. People have no right to complain that there is a lack of games when there clearly isn't. There is a significant difference between there not being enough games a person likes and not enough games period. Some people just need to get a grip as well as a reality check before moaning, whining and complaining about the so called lack of games. The same goes for those who think the future of the Vita is doomed. Personally I rather these people sell their Vitas then post pathetic complaints, moans and whines on forums.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 46 (1,563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

QuietlyWrong wrote:

OK, before this thread gets bogged down in disagreement borne from minute examination of the purely subjective, let's have a bit of perspective.

At launch, there were thirty titles available:

A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
EA Sports FIFA Football
Escape Plan
Everybody’s Golf
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience HD
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm RC
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048

This on top of Welcome Park and the three free AR games that were provided.

Since launch - a period of slightly less than 10 weeks - the following titles have been added:

Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Pure Chess

StarDrone Extreme

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz

Unit 13

So that's seven new titles in nine weeks. Somewhat better than a release 'every other week'.

Now people may want to argue that there aren't so many wholly original titles (welcome to the world of video-gaming, bud) or there may be some disagreement about what classes as an 'AAA' title or a 'big' title (handheld consoles have always lacked the big hitters that the home consoles get, or, if lucky, have got ports of triple-A goodness).

But if you want to argue that there's a lack of games, you need to be a little clearer what you mean by that, 'cos I count 37, right there. Which is pretty good for a console not ten weeks old.

spot on QW

post of the year winner right there :Thumbs:

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (1,557 Views)
Level 13

[ Edited ]

andie2247 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

baz178 wrote:
I love my vita but the lack off games is making me thinking of selling it on eBay. But on the other hand I am really look forward to burning skies. Anybody feel same way ?

Lack of games?

Do you know how long it was before the PS2 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 6 months

Do you know how long it was before the PS3 had the amount of games the Vita has? over 5 months

We are only just over 2 months with the Vita and it has more than 30 games.

I sugest you should have researched new consoles and new games before you bought it.

crusty why dont you change the record. yep ive had ,mega drive , super nintendo, game gear, ps1,ps2,ps3 xbox, xbox 360, n64, wii, oh and dream cast and now ps vita since launch, yes we know theres usually a drought after launch, but the vita has had no big games launched in uk since launch, and there are games developers already putting the vita on the back burner, we still have'nt even had an official lauch of netflix for the vita in the uk. and before you try to flame me again. ive brought alot of the first wave of games for the vita

games i own

uncharted golden abyss

wipeout 2048

pure chess

little deviants

f1

plants vs zombies

mutant blobs

motorstorm rc

ridge racer 

hustle kings

top darts

super star dust

micheal jackson hd

Flaming you?

I am not flaming anyone.

Just stating facts.

Which developers have put games on the back burner? please enlighten us!

Netflix have not submited the app to SCEE and is not a game!

The fact you own more games on the Vita after two months than all the other consoles took well over 5 months to apear proves my point!

Edit

Bio-shock is on the back burner due to infinate taking longer that is all. Once infinate is done they will move back to it.  It's to do with not having enough people to work on both and that is all.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 46 (1,555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

my goodness.

some people are so impatient.

Just get Disgaea. a million hours right there.
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (1,520 Views)
Level 3

I am expecting Resistance to be an awesome FPS story and i REALLY hope the online is good enough for those folk that devour that style of play.
Sony have a lot riding on this device so it makes sense that their flagship titles should be AAA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 46 (1,499 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree about the lack of games. I too love the vita but its not doing very good sales wise at the moment and i believe its down to the lack of games. SONY read the comments on these forums! If the vita fails i will blame sony for their approach to games release schedule. i so want the vita to be a runaway success, but take one game that i really want for instance, the pinball factory. its been out in usa for a few weeks now, but where is it in the uk??? poor!!!! come on sony get a grip... Also, not being disrepectful to anyone, but those who post the games lists stating all the games available, yeah they maybe out there but that doesnt mean everyone wants to own em or that they are any good...decent games is what we vita owners need...decent games and now..Oh and before i start getting slack for this post, just remember its only a games machine, theyre only games and most of all i respect other opinions and this is mine, thats all just an opinion..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 46 (1,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think, those complaining, basically mean, the Vita is lacking in games that actually appeal to them, if that makes sense. For example, I'm a big fan of shooters, and out of the 37 titles so far, which is a great amount, there aren't actually many shooters available at all, it's understandable, don't get me wrong, because we're only a couple of months into the Vita launch, and Resistance will be claiming the shooter hotspot, no doubt, but the same may apply to other people that are looking for certain games in particular. We all have our own tastes, and plenty of those 37 titles we have already, don't appeal to certain people.

Out of all 37 titles we have at the moment, there's only 4 games that I have, because they're the only ones I'm interested in.

Uncharted.

Unit 13.

FIFA Football.

Virtua Tennis.

The Vita is actually the first console I've ever bought on launch day, so I can see where people, complaining, are coming from, but I also realise that 30 games being avaiable on since day 1, is a brilliant amount, compared to the PS3 etc.. It's just a question of time, and patience, we'll see some great titles soon enough. Resistance is practically rouond the corner, that's what I'm looking forward to right now, a real First Person Shooter on the Vita. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (1,454 Views)
Level 13

milkster1001 wrote:

I think, those complaining, basically mean, the Vita is lacking in games that actually appeal to them, if that makes sense. For example, I'm a big fan of shooters, and out of the 37 titles so far, which is a great amount, there aren't actually many shooters available at all, it's understandable, don't get me wrong, because we're only a couple of months into the Vita launch, and Resistance will be claiming the shooter hotspot, no doubt, but the same may apply to other people that are looking for certain games in particular. We all have our own tastes, and plenty of those 37 titles we have already, don't appeal to certain people.

Out of all 37 titles we have at the moment, there's only 4 games that I have, because they're the only ones I'm interested in.

Uncharted.

Unit 13.

FIFA Football.

Virtua Tennis.

The Vita is actually the first console I've ever bought on launch day, so I can see where people, complaining, are coming from, but I also realise that 30 games being avaiable on since day 1, is a brilliant amount, compared to the PS3 etc.. It's just a question of time, and patience, we'll see some great titles soon enough. Resistance is practically rouond the corner, that's what I'm looking forward to right now, a real First Person Shooter on the Vita. :Thumbs:

Dead right!

Many people as always with a console jump in due to the HYPE but fail to realise that it takes time for games to come for any console and the Vita is no different.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (1,434 Views)