16 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Launch Vita Games - TOO HARD

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 444 Views edited 16-05-2012

Motorstorm RC - cant control this with the left stick at all, its a night mare. Gave up.

Superstardust - probably my favourite vita game, but this just throws the kitchen sink at you even on easy.

Mutant blob - I am on level 6 and nearly threw the vita out the window in frustration a few times

Wipeout 2048 - the detail of whats coming down the track is so small I cant see it to be able to react or steer at all - gave up.

rayman - second favourite vita game - but god its frustating as hell on later levels, I cant stand to play it more than 15mins at a time.

uncharted demo (cant afford £40 for the game, ontop of Vita and memory card purchase) - the sniper rifle is terrible -cant hit squat - gave up.

Treasures of Montezuma blitz - this is fun and a play it a lot but the games are real short because it wantsyou to keep paying to buy more crystals - if onlygives you around 2 or 3 plays per day!

I downloaded PSP games

Ys: The Oath in Felgana - I was told this was one of the best RPGs - cant get past the first boss because the jump timing is too precise for me - too hard!

Is there anything thats just fun and doesnt required patience of a saint ?

I am an experienced PS3 game player, I love my vita and take it with me everywhere, but the above is my honest experience with it.

I just use web browser, near and twitter after all that because of the above.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Launch Vita Games - TOO HARD

The only ones I can agree with are Mutant Blob and the Uncharted Demo.  Those two games I had the exact same problems.

I do suck at Motorstorm RC too, but RC cars ARE a PITA to contorl.  I also consider that a good thing - its going to take a LOT of effort to master, if ever.

Super Stardust is just plain awesome though.  I really thought I would suck at this, I'm not usually very good at this sort of game.  But the controls are so good on the Vita that I am reasonably okay at it.

TOM Blitz gives you plenty of plays, as long as you switch off your bonuses and totems once you run out of gems.  You get 6 lives with 1 minute each.  I'm not sure how quickly they recharge but certainly if you put it down for half an hour and do something else, you will be back to 6 lives again when you come back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

100% agree with Rayman origins and Uncharted Demo. I'm constantly worried I'm gonna snap the machine or something haha! Multiplayer games aren't gonna help... bring on burning skies! haha
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

existenz1 wrote:

Motorstorm RC - cant control this with the left stick at all, its a night mare. Gave up.

Superstardust - probably my favourite vita game, but this just throws the kitchen sink at you even on easy.

Mutant blob - I am on level 6 and nearly threw the vita out the window in frustration a few times

Wipeout 2048 - the detail of whats coming down the track is so small I cant see it to be able to react or steer at all - gave up.

rayman - second favourite vita game - but god its frustating as hell on later levels, I cant stand to play it more than 15mins at a time.

uncharted demo (cant afford £40 for the game, ontop of Vita and memory card purchase) - the sniper rifle is terrible -cant hit squat - gave up.

Treasures of Montezuma blitz - this is fun and a play it a lot but the games are real short because it wantsyou to keep paying to buy more crystals - if onlygives you around 2 or 3 plays per day!

I downloaded PSP games

Ys: The Oath in Felgana - I was told this was one of the best RPGs - cant get past the first boss because the jump timing is too precise for me - too hard!

I am an experienced PS3 game player, I love my vita and take it with me everywhere, but the above is my honest experience with it.

Have you tried frobisher says great liitle game & best of all it's free.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Yeah the learning curve for Motorstorm and Wipeout is pretty harsh... and they are the sort of games that if you are struggling with them, the desire to play them drops and they become shelf sitters... Uncharted though, most of the motion controls can be turned off... the sniper can be used like any other weapon, and if you are on easy it snaps to the enemies automatically..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Wipeout on Zones once You pass level 40 gets way too hard bordering on stupid as does some of the gold awards as for Uncharted it's not hard and an easy platnium for those into trophies.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

existenz1 wrote:

I didn't have much experience with Wipeout, but I think that the Wipeout 2048 single player campaign was quite easy to complete. Of course if you want to ace it with all gold it is very hard. But if it's to hard try some other races to win some new vehicles.

In Uncharted I stear the sniper rifle with the right stick and make the final adjustment of where I want to shoot with the Vita itself. You can zoom in on you target making it a lot easier to hit your foe.

Rayman was surprisingly good, but you're right last levels are really hard you just have to keep trying until you learn the method to beat those levels.

3 developers to follow on Twitter (I'm updating this weekly)

Arrowhead - @arrowheadgs (making Helldivers)

Dylan Cuthberth - @dylancuthberth (making The Tomorrow Children)

4J Studios - @4JStudios (porting Minecraft to consoles)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I second the Frobisher Says recommendation, very amusing and a great way of showing off the different Vita controls.

With Uncharted once I got used to aiming with the motion controls I found it really easy - headshots become so easy to get, it's much easier than using the analogue sticks - you can also get it for £25 from CEX if you have one near you.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

existenz1 wrote:

I downloaded PSP games

I'm going to give Virtua Tennis a go next I think. You can pick it up for 20 quid from Amazon. Reviews say it's got quite an easy pick up and play arcade like feel to it. Maybe that's a game to consider?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (355 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

existenz1 wrote:

I downloaded PSP games

i own all of those games apart from superstardust and ys

motorstorm rc: easy

tfs mutant blobs attack: finished the whole game with all the trophies in five hours

wipeout: im on level 40 in three days

Rayman: just as easy as mutant blobs attack

Uncharted full game: hard enough but the sniper part in chapter eleven is super easy.

Try little deviants plants vs zombies hustle kings and pure chess they are vvvvvvery easy

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (338 Views)
0 Kudos