28 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

Media Go for PSP games

5 Replies 1,483 Views Created 28-02-2012

How do I transfer games from PC using Media Go to the Vita? I plug in the Vita, run Media Go on the PC, but I can't see Vita on Media Go devices, nor is there any files in Vita's Content Manager -> Copy Content -> PC to Vita -> Applications.

Related, how do I move the game folder on Media Go to another location? It's currently saving on my C-drive which is an SSD, and I'd like to keep it as empty as possible.

Transferring videos, music and photos works fine, so it's not the connection.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Media Go for PSP games

TehPhilosopher wrote:

How do I transfer games from PC using Media Go to the Vita? I plug in the Vita, run Media Go on the PC, but I can't see Vita on Media Go devices, nor is there any files in Vita's Content Manager -> Copy Content -> PC to Vita -> Applications.

Related, how do I move the game folder on Media Go to another location? It's currently saving on my C-drive which is an SSD, and I'd like to keep it as empty as possible.

Media Go is not supported by the Vita. It uses the content manager software to transfer content between it and a computer/PS3.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Unfortunately you are going to have to redownload to your vita or PS3 then save them from vita to PC using the content manager, if you still using your psp then this means you will have two versions of the same game on your PC.

I

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

BlackKnightJP schreef:

TehPhilosopher wrote:

Media Go is not supported by the Vita. It uses the content manager software to transfer content between it and a computer/PS3.

Awwww snap! I sold my PSPgo and copied all my saved games to the PC using Media Go before sending it away. Is there a way to get those saved games to the Vita?

I tried pointing Content Manager Assistant on the PC to the folder with the PSP games and saves, but they don't show up on the Vita when I go to copy them over :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I had the PSPgo save game data backed up to my PS3. I downloaded my PSP games to the PS3, and at least Patapon 2 transferred fine to PS Vita, along with its save game.

Whew!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,431 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just double click the content manger assistant icon and look for where it saves applications/backup files, now just back up a game or app just to create the folders once done go to location that content manager is saving and look for PGAME and in the folder should be a folder with numbers and letters, now just copy your psp games from media go folder. You should now be able to view it on the vita ( the app folder is where the vita games and apps are backed up).

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (959 Views)
0 Kudos