PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid Hd Collection

there are hmvs in heathrow:

HMV
key
The latest music, films, games and technology.
Reserve & Collect now
Opening Hours: 06:00 - 22:00
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8607 5610
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8897 6414
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8745 0692
Opening Hours: 05:30 - 21:30
Telephone: +44 (0)8432 210225
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (406 Views)
Level 1

Opening Hours: 05:30 - 21:30
Telephone: +44 (0)8432 210225

Sweet!
Will probably get it there.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Btommo wrote:
Out tomorrow unknown time so best to keep checking after midnight. I know game and hmv will sell it (im unsure what shops are in heathrow)
You mean it's out today on the PSN. The UK/EU PSN gets updated on Wednesdays. Edit: it should be in the EU PSN today not the UK one. I forgot in the UK the Vita new releases get added on a Friday.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (397 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Anyone in the UK wanting it early would have been better off preordering from Shop To or GAME. My Shop To order got delivered today.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Yeah sorry I got days muddled up its out on Friday on the PSN and stores, I hope you find something to take your mind off flying.

edit: i've only not bought it because i have a gift card for game which you can't use online

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Numas wrote:

Anyone know what time it will arive on the PSN store?

I've got a 7:45am flight tomorrow morning, meaing I need to leave my house by 5am to get to the airport.

As I really hate flying I was hoping to get engrossed in this for a couple of hours.

Alternativly, anyone know if the shops in heathrow sell games?

shops wont sell the "hard copy" until release and thats friday, dunno if tesco's in ashford (near heathrow) might do a dodgy and sell you one early, you might get lucky.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (371 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Well, I've been looking at some youtube videos and stuff... looks like it's the Substance version of MGS2 and Subsistence version of MGS3 that's included.

As far as I know, there are some features missing from the respective rereleases such as the skateboarding minigame on MGS2 and the MGS3 Snake vs Monkey mode where you'd fight the Monkey from Super Monkey Ball (I think that's his name?) 

You do still get all the VR training missions though which should add a lot of replay value to MGS2 along with other things...

In MGS3 we get the updated 3rd person camera angle (HOORAY!) along with the replay theatre to watch all the cutscenes and the MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2. We also get access to the face camo's and bonus outfits that were originally download only. 

Hint - Choosing the "I like MGS3" option when starting the game gives you these extra outfits and camo's early! Normally you'd get them after finishing the game once. It is not just cosmetic though, they do affect the game in different ways... so be careful if you don't want to spoil unlocking the extra stuff!

There are other options like "I like MGS2" which gives you a raiden mask (not sure what it does) as a reference to MGS2. Choosing MGS1 gives you extra stamina for the whole of the virtuous mission.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

Causton97 wrote:MGS3 Snake vs Monkey mode where you'd fight the Monkey from Super Monkey Ball (I think that's his name?) 

Ape Escape and for the raiden mask. It can be used as a disguise later on in the game. Also it can be used to make the Major to say some funny remarks about it.

I don't suppose anyone knows what button to press to put your gun down when aiming in first person on MGS2?

For example when I hold up a enemy and make him drop his dog tag I can't seem to be able to put my gun down without shooting it.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (276 Views)
0 Kudos