01 May 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

My Playstation Vita Sreen Is Broke, Help please!

10 Replies 3,946 Views Created 01-05-2012

Okay, I have had my Vita for about five weeks now, it is the most amazing console I have ever owned, but I came home from school the other day to find out that the screen has cracked, everything is still visible but with a horrible massive crack running down the side. I don't know how this happened, HMV (the retailer where I bought it) do not offer repairs or replacements. I don't know where else to turn to, someone please help, it'd be extremely appreciated. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (3,946 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: My Playstation Vita Sreen Is Broke, Help please!

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do except beg to Sony to repair it, which I would expect to cost well over £100.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (3,942 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Oh my god, that probably won't happen :smileysad: I hoped it'd be covered for something like accidental/unknown damage, so I'm screwed, but thanks anyways :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (3,934 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

That would entirely depend on if you have any home insurance that might cover it.  On its own, nope.

I hope to never have this problem as I had it happen on my PSP after owning it less than a week.  Took me 6 months to get it fixed as I had to wait for them to start selling replacement screens on eBay.

Hopefully they will do the same for the Vita.

I would definitely recommend trying Sony though as I never got my PSP "as good as new" because opening it up broke the seal around the screen, so it got dust in and now its FULL of dust as the seal didn't work right once put back together.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (3,918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

BenjyIsAwesome97 wrote:
Oh my god, that probably won't happen :smileysad: I hoped it'd be covered for something like accidental/unknown damage, so I'm screwed, but thanks anyways :smileyhappy:

If you contact Customer Support on the numbers found here, they may be able to offer you support.

A broken screen however is not usually covered, however it's worth a try. A PS3 replacement is £130 so I'd expect it to cost roughly the same.

Sorry, but most warranties don't include accidental damage. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (3,917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

my psp had a broken screen and i got it fixed by sony and the screen was fine but the d pad the analog nub the volume buttons and the home button were completely messed up so if my vitas screen was broken i would go for some private repair
company instead of going to sony
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (3,722 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same here... My vita now has a c #@*%$ cracked screen for unknow reasons...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (3,141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

if its not suffered an impact, could be temperature or maybe vibration.

have u left it in the sun and then its cooled down?

could be a design or manf defect but will be difficult to prove, all you can do is call sony and tell him has definately not been dropped or hit anything

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (3,031 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Are you 100%positive it is the screen and not the digitizer? If it is the digitizer, i can fix it for you. Just message me and we will talk.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (2,856 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

^sent you a message regarding changing the digitizer
www.theability.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (2,827 Views)
0 Kudos