Level 3

Re: Netflix - UK Release?

BlackKnightJP wrote:

futsio wrote:

I have.

Sorry If I'm offending you. Do you work for sony or something?

No I don't.

Pity. You might have been able to tell where the uk netflix is.:Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33 (2,149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

still waiting....

I've 'whined' to netflix and had no answer as to why we haven't had a uk release yet.

Even asked lovefilm, on the off-chance.

Just the stock answer telling me they're endeavouring to bring it to as many devices as possible.

Couldn't be bothered telling them it's already on the device...just not here.

Anybody know why yet?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33 (1,954 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

netflix have not submitted it to SCEE yet :smileysad:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33 (1,952 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

I do think Netflix are shooting themselves in the foot in the UK.

How do they expect to sell this service when its compatible with so few devices compared to the US?

For example the 2010 and 2011 Sony Bluray players were compatible with Netflix in the US, only the 2012+ models are compatible in the UK due to using different DRM that is incompatible with older hardware.

This may also be what is delaying Netflix UK on the Vita, but that wouldn't explain why the US app works in the UK, except perhaps its using the US servers/DRM?  I wonder if we could find something that is ONLY available on the UK service and see if it still plays?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33 (1,930 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I would also love to have netflix on my PSVita, everything else works great, I still have hope as you saw sype also came to UK PSVita late, so I am still waiting for sooner or later getting the good news that it's now available, meanwhile I am just playing as much as I can ;-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33 (1,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

In the meantime you could use Remote Play on the PSP and PS Vita; I believe it'd work this way, as is the case with PlayTV and the like; though I've never tried it myself so don't hold me to it.

I could dream forever, and never stop, I could think of life and beauty, the stars that fade in the sky. The hearts of lovers, the dreams of dreamers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33 (1,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Remote play doesn't work, tried it before. We'll just have to wait for Netflix to pull the thumb out.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33 (1,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I've got it on my PS3, Wii, Xbox360, iPod Touch and Windows Phone, so I guess I'm sorted there; especially considering that even if it can use 3G; it'd cane through bandwidth like a knife through hot butter.

At the moment I'm going through watching every single episode of Inspector Gadget, Super Mario, Power Rangers, Spiderman, and some documentaries, but I'm not suffering withdrawal when I'm out....IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!!

I could dream forever, and never stop, I could think of life and beauty, the stars that fade in the sky. The hearts of lovers, the dreams of dreamers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33 (1,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Oh no, don't tell me Inspector Gadget is on there?  Oh crap, it is!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33 (1,595 Views)
0 Kudos

Aim in the UK and have been using my UK netflix account since the day it came
Out in the US! It's very simple google it no hacking or anything like that is involved. Just google it it should come up
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33 (1,335 Views)
0 Kudos