24 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

PS Button - Info about the light

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 4,926 Views edited 24-02-2012

Constant Blue

The PS Button will stay lit up blue, whilst the PS Vita is on and out of standby/sleep

Flashing Blue whilst turned on

A notification 

Flashing blue whilst turned off/Frozen

Do a reset. Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds until you see a black screen come up with some options. Choose the first option to restart the PS Vita, and this should hopefully fix the problem

Flashing Orange

Low battery. You won't be able to play whilst the light is flashing orange, as the battery is too low to play. Charge it. 

It will continue to flash orange, even when you have it on charge, until there is enough charge in the battery

Constant Orange

If you have your PS Vita on charge and it is glowing orange, this means it is charging. When the light is gone, it is fully charged.

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (4,926 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Button - Info about the light

Mine froze last night less than 24 hours after purchase :smileysad:

I had a black screen and All buttons were frozen including the power button. I tried your suggestion of holding the power button for 20-30 seconds, nothing happened I held it solid for a minute all that happened was my finger hurt!

This is what happened leading up to the freeze:-

The Unit 13 demo had NO sound, there was sound when I closed the demo down.

I started the Darts game, it sat on the splash screen for 3 minutes before I tried to shut it down (using the PS button and corner swipe.)

I got a ring of dots on a black screen for 30 seconds or so.

The screen then went totally black and the PS button started flashing once every second.

I have the WiFi only version.

I am disappointed that this happened with in 24 hours of  purchase and now dread it happening again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (4,846 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

BarredAgain wrote:

Mine froze last night less than 24 hours after purchase :smileysad:

I had a black screen and All buttons were frozen including the power button. I tried your suggestion of holding the power button for 20-30 seconds, nothing happened I held it solid for a minute all that happened was my finger hurt!

This is what happened leading up to the freeze:-

The Unit 13 demo had NO sound, there was sound when I closed the demo down.

I started the Darts game, it sat on the splash screen for 3 minutes before I tried to shut it down (using the PS button and corner swipe.)

I got a ring of dots on a black screen for 30 seconds or so.

The screen then went totally black and the PS button started flashing once every second.

I have the WiFi only version.

I am disappointed that this happened with in 24 hours of  purchase and now dread it happening again

Your lucky if its only froze one! mines done loads of times! pretty dissapointin to say the least

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (4,829 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've been having a fair few freezes as well. especially when switching between apps (wipeout and party chat).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (4,789 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

How did you end up fixing the blank screen?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (4,664 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Mine froze as well, and I just left it alone for about 5 minutes. I went back to it and it had the reboot choices on the screen

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (4,646 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Mine froze once while on the second level of uncharted. I just kept pressing the on button and after about 30 seconds i got the screen with the different options.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (4,629 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

How did u fix this ....As my sons has done the excat same thing last night .....and what  is the reason for that happening.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (2,769 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So what does it mean when it is solid orange on intial plug in then does flashing blue then no lights at all?

Also this is when its turned off.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@BarredAgain I wouldn't dread it happening again, as the Unit 13 demo affected my system for as long as the demo was on the system. It shouldn't be the Vita, rather the content on their which could be buggy (darts game/demo a possibility too).

If it starts happening again with fully released titles that you know to be patched/supported or simply stable games then it is the system firmware, and whilst you can try a few safe mode options such as re-building the database or formatting the memory card, if those options don't work, take it back to the shop.

But I can tell you, the Unit 13 demo and a few other demo's are notorious for freezing the Vita.
Vita-mania like you've never seen before... probably.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,380 Views)
0 Kudos