13 May 2012
Playstation Staff

PS Forums App

7 Replies 218 Views Created 13-05-2012

Just an idea, but for the forum users, wouldnt a nice little App for the Vita be cool, something like Tapatalk for mobile devices to view the forums?

We can use the web browser but be honest, it isn't the most friendliest to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (218 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Forums App

I think this has already been discussed here before in another thread.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

This is the first time I've seen this sort of thread and it seems like a really good idea. Like it :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

would be nice, won't happen.

pmf (doubtful)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'd prefer them to just fix the crappy performance of the web browser personally.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (171 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The issue with the touch screen web browsers is everything is just too small to acurately touch anything with it, it's the same issue on smart phones. But when programs are made specifically and built around a small device like the Vita then it makes like a hell of a lot easier. I would love for even Tapatalk be availible for the Vita
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Now Sony could waste time developing a forum that would work with the third party stuff but they would likely have to LEAVE lithium Servers and Are YOU willing to PAY the required Extra for running of the new forum technology and extra staff required to run it. PS+ is still not that popular and do you realy want even more adverts on the forum. I don't. 

The Posted reason buy staff for being on lithium was that they do all the hard technical work and the mods get the tools they needed, the cost is shared buy all lithium forums used on sites.

They took a lot longer than I expected to get this forum to a stable state. an the Ex Top Mod said no changes in host for a long long time in EU. This means NO to non lithium forum apps.

This does not explain why lithium Mobile is not used unless lithium has stopped it.

But no one knows here if HTML5 support is 1 Year or 2 Years or next month.

Changing forums Would be a waste if HTML5 in browser support is this year.

The Browser released in both the PS3 and Vita was not as powerefull as had been openly tested.

Where that HTML5 browser went that was being tested on Sonys HTML5 test sites and HTML5test.com has not been leaked but it did not get released. on PS vita or PS3.    

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Why not a playstation app the same as I have on my iPhone ? I rarely use it but it should be available on the Vita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (101 Views)
0 Kudos