PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 3

Re: PS Vita improvement thread

Great post Caemgen.

I am feeling the notification bubble shortcomings too.

I want to be able to click on one of my friends when I receive the notification that they have come online and be given the option to message/chat/invite straight off. Same could be said for the trophy you have just received. You may want to continue playing or if you had the choice touch the notification and go to that games trophy list to quickly check your progress.

Looking forward to future firmware updates and features as it's clear the Vita is capable of much more.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I agree with everything that has been said hear. I would also like to see more remote play compatibility for PS3 games. They demonstrated Killzone 3 but when i tried it it didnt work. Only PSOne games work :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

I don't like how you need to press 'start' after you select an App, I'd remove that and just let the App open up automatically. 

A lot of people have mentioned this one but deleting unwanted system Apps would be good.

pablologo
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It'd be good if there was an ability to either do a select all on messages (rather than having to select each individually) or delete all messages from a person

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

For me only thing i would say needs improvement is the thumb sticks too slippery need to be made like a dual shock thumb stick not the size but how they grip.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The ability to use the Iplayer via remote play would be nice, Vidzone works but the menus don't fit on the vitas screen lol
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Day 3 on the vita, and so far I'm impressed.......but.....

No Skype - hopefully with video chat (yet?)

No Netflix (yet?)

No Youtube (yet?)

No iplayer or any other tv services.........(yet?)

STILL no fix for the ARP list remote play problem. (the router switches the ps3 on then the remote play is disabled- which I'm sure you all know about!), so still no internet based remote play for many.

Proper online presence on the psn whilst on the vita at all times (optional at least)

better, less clunky messaging for friends

A Better Browser (at least one that scrolls properly- did they even test that?)

Flash or Java support.

more ps3 remote play gaming

ps1 or (ahem) ps2 game compatablity

I'm a bit confused what they wanted the vita to be. As a portable games console, its awesome. Like a mini ps3, but as a 'social' gaming platform it's definitely needing some fine tuning.

When sony released this onto the market to compete with i-pads, i-phones and android devices, I expected it to be able to do everything my sub £50 android phone can do ....except make phone calls of course-(although with the right software, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to!)

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving vita, especially for the games, and hopefully these are just teething problems that'll be fixed after hearing this sort of input.

oh and one for facebook, who are having trouble with their 'app' at the moment of writing this.......facebook chat and picture uploads? the vita does have 2 cameras you know!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

One simple thing:

APPLY ANTI-ALIASING TO THE BUBBLES.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I want the option to be signed into psn permanently (for some reason it kicks me out when im in gam but leaves me on when i've locked the vita in like sleep mode *****?)
I want to appear online to ps3 friends, i see other vita useres as online with a portable symbol and their game so just use that?
I want to be able to turn of Bluetooth starting automatically when i turn vita on
PS1 classic support
PS2 Classic Support (I mean come on the device is clearly capable)
Better remote play/less lag when using it
Better Browser
Trophy's obtained on vita show up on ps3 aswell
Bundling of those notifications on apps and stuff although i do like the idea of what they've done there
I want to be able to join the text chat only rooms my ps3 friends use from my vita :smileyhappy:
Messages and friends list apps need to be integrated really, don't see why they are seperate
Maybe no live area screen for things like settings, friends list.

Got to say despite my rather long list you can tell they've learnt from the ps3's OS software and have fixed issue I had/have with the ps3 so looking at this the PS4 whenever it may decide to rear it's head should have an exceptional OS plus I love my vita :smileyvery-happy: these improvements would just make it even more amazing :smileyvery-happy:
[img]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1411/u3sp13drakethug346x1350.png[/img]
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

bravo9zero wrote:
Improvements I would like too see.

Improved Web browser (Flash/HTML5, zooming in/scrolling is buggy)
Ability too make folders for music/photos/videos on PS Vita.
Option to turn off music in the store
Avatars can be bough in PS Vita store
When you login on PS Vita, you should appear online to PS3 friends (right now you don't...I tried)
PS Vita trophies should appear on PS3 trophy list.
PS3 players should be able to see what game your playing on PS Vita

This

I agree that having to press start after selecting an app is very frustrating

Caemgen post was really good and I agree with all his points as well

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (256 Views)
0 Kudos