18 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS Vita region-free yes, but what about DLC and online?

22 Replies 22,319 Views Created 18-06-2012

Hey

So I'm in AU but looking to buy a couple of games from the UK to save the storage space on my memory card vs downloading.  Also, I sadly can't find PS Vita games in the shops here in AU, it's ridonkulous, but I was wondering.... I know that the game itself will work fine but if I buy Gravity Rush and Resistance from the UK, will the DLC (if any) and online pass still work here in AU?

Has anyone tested or tried this?

Many thanks peoples

Peace, love and Playstation.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23 (22,319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Vita region-free yes, but what about DLC and online?

DLC probably won't work (though I haven't tried it). It's usually region locked to some degree.

VOTE.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (22,298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

jedi_timmy wrote:

Hey

So I'm in AU but looking to buy a couple of games from the UK to save the storage space on my memory card vs downloading.  Also, I sadly can't find PS Vita games in the shops here in AU, it's ridonkulous, but I was wondering.... I know that the game itself will work fine but if I buy Gravity Rush and Resistance from the UK, will the DLC (if any) and online pass still work here in AU?

Has anyone tested or tried this?

Many thanks peoples

Peace, love and Playstation.

:smileyhappy:

It's not clear from your post here what account you're planning to use. I imagine you have an AU playstation account - in which case the DLC from UK/Europe (or anywhere else outside your region) won't work.

However, if you were to use a UK account then the DLC would work even though you're in Aus. This is strictly speaking outside the t's and c's of Sony's network (but for MLB The Show online pass, Sony support suggested people use a US account despite being outside the US region....tacit approval it seems from some Sony divisions).

The problem with having a UK account is that you'll need to make any PSN purchases using UK funding so you'd either need a nice relative to register a UK credit card for you or buy PSN cards from UK stores. The other problem is that trophies and PSN friends etc will not be on the UK account which is also annoying.

Good Luck anyway.

Rotor.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (22,290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Just to add both DLC and online passes are region specific or locked.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (22,272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the replies peoples... I've just ordered the 2 games anyway because I'm dying to play them and couldn't wait for the stores here to stock them... if that even happens :smileymad: 

All in all, I'm not too interested in online multiplayer for Resistance (or any game for that matter) but thought I'd give it a try if it's available.  I'm not sure Gravity Rush will ever get any DLC so that'll be fine also.

Appreciate the friendly responses to my first ever PSforum question too, you guys are awesome, good stuff.

Cheers  :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (22,227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Gravity Rush already has DLC and will be getting more.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (22,182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah I just saw that...  but doesn't it only come with the deluxe version if you buy it from PSN?  I can't see an option to buy it separately anyway?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (22,160 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I think the 'buyable' DLC for Gravity Rush hits the store either later today (tomorrow, AUS time) or next week.

VOTE.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (22,158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

jedi_timmy wrote:

Yeah I just saw that...  but doesn't it only come with the deluxe version if you buy it from PSN?  I can't see an option to buy it separately anyway?

It should be available separately for purchase. Besides only the first one is included as a bonus with the game when preordered from certain retailers or purchased on PSN. There are at least two or three more DLC packs coming,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (22,129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Fair enough, well I'll let you knwo if I have any luck accessing the DLC with my imported game!  I feel quietly confident  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (22,101 Views)
0 Kudos