24 Jan 2012
Playstation Staff

PS2 Emulator?

9 Replies 2,878 Views Created 24-01-2012

Would it be possible/likely they make a PS2 emulator for the Vita? Games like FFX and others pring to mind which would be brilliant portable games. I oubt memory would be an issue as a decent memory card would swallow up the whole game quite easily.

Most of the time I played PS1 games on my old PSP (FFVII-IX) but with an update in technology I can't see why PS2 games are out of reach.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (2,878 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS2 Emulator?

The problem is the Vita doesn't have an L2 and R2 button aswell as it doesn't have click-in analog sticks.

Maybe if they use the back panel as an L2 and R2(if that's even possible?) then you maybe able to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (2,871 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I seriously doubt this will ever happen... Most PS3's dont even emulate PS2 games. (Only the old fat boys did). It would not be worth Sony doing it.

It is rumoured FF X is coming to the Vita possibly in the future though.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (2,866 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

I like to see software PS2 emulator on PS3
××
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (2,859 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Possible, yes. Likely, not at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (2,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

If it's possible to get good emulation of PS2 on Vita or newer PS3 models, you can be pretty sure Sony would do it - the market for PSOne classics makes for a clear business incentive.

FFX is coming to Vita, but it's a recoding of the game to work natively on Vita hardware (and another version on PS3). It's not emulation.

-------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (2,844 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Dont know to much about an emulator for it however sony will be releasing PS2 games to the vita in the future. FFX being one of them. http://psp.ign.com/objects/117/117911.html the page before this shows the full list however i cant seem to get it back up right now nor do i feel like going through my history. hope this gives you alittle more hope for the vita like it did for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (2,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Cotyk652 wrote:

Dont know to much about an emulator for it however sony will be releasing PS2 games to the vita in the future. FFX being one of them. http://psp.ign.com/objects/117/117911.html the page before this shows the full list however i cant seem to get it back up right now nor do i feel like going through my history. hope this gives you alittle more hope for the vita like it did for me.

I don't know where you got your misinformation from. Sony had already officially stated PS2 compatibility is NOT coming to the Vita. The only thing we will see is the odd HD port being released like Metal Gear Solid HD and Final Fantasy 10.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (2,064 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

why are people so desperate to play old games!!!!!??????? i mean when i replayed an old ps2 game, it didnt feel right as the new game buzz had gone and i felt alone when playing it as most people had moved on. Most of my friends on psvita and ps3, including me, really just want to play the new stuff, whats the point being stuck in the past when their is so much choice with gaming these days, like the many exclusives and games available on amazing consoles like xbox 360, ps3, wii u and all that. :L

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (2,060 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

I love new games but also I like to play older games as we would not be here with out many of the older classics.

Many older games had better gameplay than many of the games today.

Been gaming arround 30 years and their are still so many classics I like to go back and play.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (2,047 Views)
0 Kudos