03 Jun 2012
By: Shawi-Kebab

5 Posts

PSN Accounts Help

8 Replies 205 Views Created 03-06-2012

Hi! Basically I used to live in the US and had a US account on my PS3. When I moved to the UK I got a new account. Now I purchased a vita and want to download some games onto my vita from my US account but play them when the vita is registered to my UK account. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help upfront guys!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: PSN Accounts Help

[ Edited ]

Shawi-Kebab wrote:

Hi! Basically I used to live in the US and had a US account on my PS3. When I moved to the UK I got a new account. Now I purchased a vita and want to download some games onto my vita from my US account but play them when the vita is registered to my UK account. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help upfront guys!

The simple answer is you can't. The games you downloaded are tied to the PSN account you used to download them. There is no way to change that I'm afraid. You should have stuck with th original US account when you moved back. You might want to go back to using your US account assuming you haven't spent to much money on the new UK PSN account.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (201 Views)
0 Kudos

If I formatted my vita, logged in with my US account downloaded the games, then backed up my vita to my PS3 (US account), then formatted the vita again but this time with my UK account, then transfered the backup from my PS3 to the vita then id be on my UK account with my US game but will the game run?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

no

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cool thanks......(and they sure are stabbing us in the back, guess money talks)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Shawi-Kebab wrote:

If I formatted my vita, logged in with my US account downloaded the games, then backed up my vita to my PS3 (US account), then formatted the vita again but this time with my UK account, then transfered the backup from my PS3 to the vita then id be on my UK account with my US game but will the game run?

No it won't. I've already stated it won't work because the games are tied to the original account they were downloaded on. You are out of luck unless you revert back to using your US account. How much clearer do I need to make it that it won't work. The only exception to this rule is PS Vita demos.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Kudos

Alright alright calm down. I bet you are one of those call centre workers with an attitude problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Shawi-Kebab wrote:

Alright alright calm down. I bet you are one of those call centre workers with an attitude problem.

You're not going to get a lot of help if that's how you respond to people. You asked a question and it was answered with a definite answer. I was only trying to help. There is no need to be rude with your response back. If you don't want people to help you and answer your questions then why post here in the first place. If you're upset because you can't transfer your games there is no need to take it out on others. Finally please don't make unfounded comments about where someone works and say they have an attitude problem. For your information I've never worked in a call centre and I certainly don't have an attitude problem unlike someone I can mention here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Kudos

Woa, chill out. If you dont work in a call centre then your certainly dont do anything because you have too much time on your hands to write all that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (135 Views)
0 Kudos