05 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

PSOne Classics...really?

[ Edited ]
23 Replies 451 Views edited 05-07-2012
Is anyone actually excited for ps 1 games for the vita? I'm 27 and grew up playing all the classics but compared to today's games..they look kinda naff lol. Metal gear solid was great back in the day but i can't bring myself to buy that now...I need NEW ps vita quality games..
That's surely what the vita is about..

Or is that just me?
How do I add a picture here??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (451 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PSOne Classics...really?

i love playing some of the PS1 titles, i just played through all the Crash Bandicoots and Crash Team Racing, and would love to have them on my Vita.

I understand some people may not want them, but wheres the harm in having more choice?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I still think Final Fantasy 7 & 8 are the best games ever to be made, hands down. There are loads of games I would still play when this feature finally arrives.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Resident Evil 1, 2 & 

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

Siphon Filter 1, 2 & 3

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, & 3

Jumping Flash!

I'm looking forward to playing all of them on my Vita

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (443 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

FooFan73 wrote:

Resident Evil 1, 2 & 

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

Siphon Filter 1, 2 & 3

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, & 3

Jumping Flash!

I'm looking forward to playing all of them on my Vita

this nuff said

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

RolledUp20s wrote:
Is anyone actually excited for ps 1 games for the vita? I'm 27 and grew up playing all the classics but compared to today's games..they look kinda naff lol. Metal gear solid was great back in the day but i can't bring myself to buy that now...I need NEW ps vita quality games..
That's surely what the vita is about..

Or is that just me?

You're not on your own there buddy :smileywink:

Personally I'm not that bothered about PS1 compatibility. It does seem to be a feature that loads of people want so if it helps Vita sales and gives Vita owners more reason to use the device then I suppose it's all good.

I have to add when I was younger my brother and I were constantly playing GT2 on the PS1 and the other day I got my old dusty PS1 out of the cupboard and stuck GT2 on to see how I felt about it. My conclusion I came to was not what I wanted. I just felt no passion towards it. Not like I used to anyway :smileysad:

I would much rather see loads of new games coming through but lots of people like playing old classics and retro games. It's a good feature to add to the Vita's arsenal but not one I can see myself using too much if I'm totally honest.

I have a few PS1 classics on my PS3 via the PS+ sub and I have played a few of them but found about 5 minutes was all I could take. I used to love Destruction Derby but when I played it on my PS3 I found it to be a very underwhelming experience compared to my brilliant memories of playing the game all those many moons ago. 

Real shame because I want to love them like I used to but I just can't :smileysad:

I'm sure loads of people still get that same rush they used to get when they first played them but unfortunately I am just not one of those people, however much I try.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (430 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ahh those memories of my Commodore C16 and how the cassette covers promised amazing graphics and adventures! Turns out the graphics were no more than differently coulured sprites making silly noises.

And you know what? It was amazing! But that was then. They can never compare to todays games.

One thing i can consider, is that older gamer will look better on a 5" screen compared to a 50" screen, so thats a benefit.

Bring me Tenchu 1 and 2 please Sony!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (427 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Can't complain that we get more games. There are some RPGs that I would love to play but I rather have PS Vita exclusives.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (388 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Would rather they work on NEW games and use the time there instead of wasting it on ports.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Spirit0fLight wrote:
Would rather they work on NEW games and use the time there instead of wasting it on ports.

New games are coming.

Sony have a seperate tech team working on ps1 emulator  so it is not effecting Vita games being made

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (371 Views)
0 Kudos