31 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PSP Games on PS Store WITHOUT a PS3?

6 Replies 553 Views Created 31-07-2012

Hi everyone! First post here.

Had a little scoot around and couldn't really see an answer, I apologise if it is elsewhere. :smileyhappy:

Basically I am looking to expand my Vita collection and my understanding is that not all of the PSP catalogue is currently compatable. Now I have seen that people have to download PSP titles to a PS3 then transfer to a Vita, but I do not currently own a PS3.

So my question is: Which PSP titles can actually be downloaded directly to the Vita, are the actual confirmed ones all able to do this or is it hit and miss? i don't want to go purchasing titles then they don't work...

Ideally looking at LBP, GTA stories and the like.

Thank you all in advance.

Click to visit the Vita Lounge!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PSP Games on PS Store WITHOUT a PS3?

As far as i can tell, all titles on the Vita store (basically, the store on the Vita system is slightly different to that on the PS3) are direct downloads to the Vita.

All 3 GTA games are, i know that as i have them on my Vita, directly downloaded from the store. LBP i am not sure about as i dont have it, but i assume it should be.

If you do buy a game from the Vita store and it then tells you it cannot be downloaded by the Vita, (happened to me with Midnight Club LA Remix), contact a mod, tell them the game and whats happened, and they should get in touch with the Store team who will look into it. I did this, and the game was made downloadable via the Vita about 2 days later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (552 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi fella, thanks for the quick reply. So you are saying that both Vice and Liberty City stories will download directly to my Vita? (and I assume Chinatown too) with no issues?

If so, that's great. Anyone know about Little Big Planet? Would really like to see what the fuss is all about before the Vita version arrives.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Yep, all 3 GTA games (Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars) are direct download to the Vita :smileyvery-happy:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Lbp is a direct download to the vita i dont have ps3 so i downloaded it directly
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks chaps, I really appreciate it. I can't give kudos probably as I'm a new user.

Now to see if LBP is any good then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

This issue is sickeningly frustrating to me, I just paid $22.49 for Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Media Go and thought a friend would let me use his PS3 to transfer it, apparently temporarily putting 800mb of data onto his 320gb hard drive(then removing it) is enough to convince him to say no to it even though he owes me and it does him zero harm.

Forget about Media Go and the PS3, why can't I directly download PSP titles onto my Vita? VC2 works when you transfer it from a PS3, why the heck can't I download it straight to my Vita? Same with Peace Walker and quite a few other PSP games, it makes me feel sick.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (355 Views)
0 Kudos