Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PSone classics on Vita

[ Edited ]

Ok, i have some news (nothing special) about psone classics support on Vita. I found a forum where some guy had emailed SCEA about the situation and SCEA replied like this:

Thanks for your loyalty to PlayStation and purchasing a PS Vita.  We are

very pleased that you are enjoying the device.  Sorry for the delay in

getting back to you, but I needed to do some research on your question.

At this time, we are not ready to announce a date for PS One/Classic

availability on PS Vita, but be assured that they are coming later this

year.  Unfortunately, I can not be more specific than that since there are

many tasks that need to be completed in order to successfully launch these

titles and ensure proper operation.

Please understand that providing this functionality, as well as providing

all types of content for our Vita consumers, remains a top priority.

Again, thanks for your loyal support of PlayStation and PS Vita.

Best Regards,

Glenn J. Nash

SVP, Operations

Sony Computer Entertainment America

A very satisfied owner of PS Vita (Wi-Fi) with PS1 support "fully" functional now! Sony, fix those missing titles!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28 (2,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

So that's quite hard evidence that it's definitely coming but unfortunately "later this year" doesn't quite mean "soon" so i think it's coming maybe fall 2012 or even later and they said there's still much work to do to make it work properly. But at least i'm totally assured now that it's coming :smileyhappy:

A very satisfied owner of PS Vita (Wi-Fi) with PS1 support "fully" functional now! Sony, fix those missing titles!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28 (2,632 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
The newly released PSOne classics Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is available to be bought and, I assume, downloaded to PS Vita, though. So I guess the wait can't be THAT long.

EDIT
I had my Vita at hand so after posting I thought I'd double check to see if it was still there, and to my surprise it wasn't D:
Yesterday I found it on "All>>PSP>>Top Picks", but now I can't find it anywhere. I should've bought it when I had the chance to see if it really could've been downloaded.....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28 (1,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It has been announced just now,,but personaly I think it's a pile of garbage ,, Why release a New device and the majority of it's software is from twenty years ago ,, I want to move on not move back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28 (1,387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

IrishViper1 wrote:

It has been announced just now,,but personaly I think it's a pile of garbage ,, Why release a New device and the majority of it's software is from twenty years ago ,, I want to move on not move back.

Because plenty of people like the idea of re-playing classic games, which they originally played on a TV in their lounge or bedroom, on a portable device

To add to that quite a few quality PS1 games have been given away for free to PS+ subscribers who also want that option to play on the bus, in a car, on holiday and so on

Especially when that OLED screen gives a new lease of life to older games, such as PSP titles

I do believe you're in the mninority. In my opinion the majority of Vita owners can't wait for PS1 support

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (1,375 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

FooFan73 wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Because plenty of people like the idea of re-playing classic games, which they originally played on a TV in their lounge or bedroom, on a portable device

To add to that quite a few quality PS1 games have been given away for free to PS+ subscribers who also want that option to play on the bus, in a car, on holiday and so on

Especially when that OLED screen gives a new lease of life to older games, such as PSP titles

I do believe you're in the mninority. In my opinion the majority of Vita owners can't wait for PS1 support

Same here.

Played Ps1 games on the PSP and can't wait till I can do it on the Vita.

Yes gaming is about moving forward but also do not forget how we got here today.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28 (1,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Glad to hear that psone titles are going to be coming to vita.

fingers crossed for ps2?

I actually thought  the oddworld games were actually better on the psp,I loved the fact that I could play some of my all time favourite games on the bus, and I will probably play them again on the excellent vita screen at some point.

G-police (a quality oldie that I couldn't enjoy on the one sticked psp) will be given a new lease of life again with the 2 sticks on my vita.

Hopefully a release of the psone games that need the two sticks like ape escape, colony wars or RC stunt copter (I liked it....ok!) can be enjoyed again.

Vita games are class. No argument there, but for me, it's not always about trophies and graphics. Sometimes it's all about the nostalgia, the gameplay......and maybe a little fun?

At the end of the day, It's whatever floats your boat.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28 (1,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

futsio wrote:

Glad to hear that psone titles are going to be coming to vita.

fingers crossed for ps2?

I actually thought  the oddworld games were actually better on the psp,I loved the fact that I could play some of my all time favourite games on the bus, and I will probably play them again on the excellent vita screen at some point.

G-police (a quality oldie that I couldn't enjoy on the one sticked psp) will be given a new lease of life again with the 2 sticks on my vita.

Hopefully a release of the psone games that need the two sticks like ape escape, colony wars or RC stunt copter (I liked it....ok!) can be enjoyed again.

Vita games are class. No argument there, but for me, it's not always about trophies and graphics. Sometimes it's all about the nostalgia, the gameplay......and maybe a little fun?

At the end of the day, It's whatever floats your boat.

Sony has already stated PS2 games won't be made compatible with the Vita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28 (1,111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No ps2?  Oh well.:xCry:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28 (1,105 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Mate... you're grammar and spelling is horrendous! Sort that out, its basically unintelligible! There are clearly some priority issues not to mention technical issues with PS1 games on Vita, I have however read that it will be available via a firmware update in the future. I do agree, why would the PSP have this compatibility and the Vita does not. Couldn't agree more with you in regards to your remakes FF remakes and no FF7(which is clearly the best and most anticipated) comment. Fingers crossed it'll happen soon. I recon a month or two they'll have compatibility issue sorted as there was a game released on the PSN (EU) that was a. PS1 classic, problem was it crashed on loading instructions and the game itself is generally unstable. We'll have to wait and see. Personally I think Knights in the Nightmare would be an awesome addition to the PSN roster! Ciao.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28 (679 Views)
0 Kudos