21 Feb 2012
By G1ngus
Playstation Staff

Problems....

10 Replies 291 Views Created 21-02-2012

I just got my ps vita and turned it on and give it a quick whirl and all was good. so i turned it off to charge it and the light comes up orange. but when i unplug it from the usb its not turning back on? WHATS IT DOING!!

Twitter : @ginguschrist
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Problems....

[ Edited ]

I'd leave it charging for a bit, it doesn't come on if the battery is too low. I hate when iphone does that, you can't just plug it in & it switch back on you have to wait till it's charged up enough.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

KillerXp82 wrote:

I'd leave it charging for a bit, it doesn't come on if the battery is too low. I hate when iphone does that, you can't just plug it in & it switch back on you have to wait till it's charged up enough.

Thanks man i hope so ha cause first impressions were very good.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Here is a quote from the User Guide......

When the PS button blinks orange during charging, the battery charge is too low to turn on your PS Vita system. Wait until the PS button stops blinking and lights up orange before turning on your system.

Just incase you didn't know,here's the Full User Manual

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well thats not a good sign as its not blinking its just orange but its not turning on. looks like i got a dodgy one :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Leave it on charge for an hour. You're being impatient. It takes a few hours to fully charge it. Make sure the charger is in the right way too, PS Logo should face towards you.
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

try holding the PS button for awhile until something happens. sounds similar to something i read on another thread. while plugged in of course
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Don't panic,I'm sure it's fine.Here is more from the manual......

N )PS button Check the status of your PS Vita system by seeing how the PS button lights up or blinks:

Lights up blue .............The system is on (including when power is being supplied). Blinks in blue...............The system is entering standby mode. Blinks slowly in blue....There are new notifications, such as those generated when messages arrive. Lights up orange..........The system is charging, either in standby mode or when the system is turned off completely. Blinks in orange...........The system is charging, either in standby mode or when the system is turned off completely.
The system is on (including when power is being supplied).
The system is entering standby mode.
There are new notifications, such as those generated when messages arrive.
The system is charging, either in standby mode or when the system is turned off completely.
The system is charging, but the battery charge is too low to turn on the system. In this case, wait until the PS button lights up orange.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm sure it's fine, when I first got my iphone & my battery went dead on me when I plugged it in & it did nothing I panicked because I'd never owned a device that did that. It took ages to switch back on as well at first, you don't even have a light on the iphone so you know it's a least charging ok when it dies like that. My psp is always dead when I pick it up so I have to plug it in straight away each time I use it, gonna have to get use to these new batteries now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Cheers. I had to hold the ps button and the power button together and it came on. not sure what happened but all is fine :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (135 Views)
0 Kudos