PlayStation®Vita

PS Vita General

PS Vita General

Level 1

Re: Ps Vita keeps freezing when no Wifi hotspots around(not sure

You're lucky then - both my Vita's froze in exactly the same manner.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 126 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Intrestingly, when I took it back the manager asked if it was the 3g version, I said no it's the wireless one, and he replied "oh thats strange all the others have been 3g, we've had no problem with the wireless version."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS3 / 60gb & a PS3 / 320gb HDD - Keyboard & Official Mic - Samsung HDTV 720p - 5.1 Surround sound

GAMES = EYEPET - UNCHARTED 2 - MUA 2 - BATMAN AA - FAT PRINCESS - PUNISHER - RED BARON - FFVII - inFAMOUS - ZEN PINBALL - RAGDOLL KUNG-FU - KILLZONE 2 - FLOWER - HV BOWLING - HIGH STAKES POKER - MOTORSTORM-PR - RESTISTANCE 2 - MK vs DCU - LBP - MOTORSTORM - RFOM - F1 - HEAVENLY SWORD - UNCHARTED - LAIR - WARHAWK - EVERYBODY'S GOLF - VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD - ASSASSIN'S CREED - GRAN TURISMO - RATCHET & CLANK - GTA 4 - CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - BUZZ - BURNOUT PARADISE - THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT - SOUL CALIBUR 4 - MGS4_____LBP level - Destination Hollow Earth - Give it a try! Most wanted = Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 126 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

That's odd because at game when I returned mine, it was the reversed he said they had issues with the wi fi model, well I guess it's because they only sold a quarter of the sales from the Wi fi

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 126 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Yep, mine is WiFi only too (as was the last one).
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 126 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Bump.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 126 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I have experienced this happen.

I work in a Gamestation and on my break I went upstairs to chill and play my vita, fired up Everybodys Golf and it froze on the main menu. I did the hard reset and this time it froze on the main app screen. So I hard reset again and this time before it could freeze I turned it off normally. Even though it appeared to turn off the PS button was flashing blue, and after half an hour I turned back on, did another hard reset and formatted the console. I was then able to turn it off normally when it reset.

I tried turning on a pre-owned vita that was traded in - froze.

Tried a colleagues Vita upstairs - froze.

Yet downstairs they work fine. Which ties in to the no wi-fi as an issue because even though our shop doesnt have wi-fi, a few of the neighbours do, and I guess these arent picked up upstairs.

A very strange and annoying glitch. Basically means we are limited as to where we can play our consoles, which for a handheld just isnt good enough. It would be nice to see Sony at least acknowledge this as an issue!

Also just an fyi - the system format isnt necessary I know that now, turning it back on in a wi-fi area seems to stabilise the console and it will turn off properly.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 126 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Exactly the same scenario here. Thanks for your input!
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 126 (144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

was the same with me, both.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 126 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Bump.