14 Apr 2013

Playstation Staff

Ps vita jailbreaking?

12 Replies 23,935 Views Created 14-04-2013

Hey guys, someone I know said he wanted to hack his Ps vita and I told him not to because I said he would get banned but he won't believe me.

Is it true that after you jailbreak it that you can't synch trophies to your account anymore and won't be able to log back in (and if you do you're banned).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (23,935 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps vita jailbreaking?

If you do that once you go online they will know and block your account, you'll lose all purchases etc
Not worth it as a gamer
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (23,898 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

They will not know anything , however you will not be able to use the PSN so most of your games won't work along with many other features as you need current fw for games to run hence why all vita hacks upto now are useless .
It's a waste of time hacking a vita unlike a idevice where it's a must do.
Anyway talking about hacking and jailbreaking Sony products isn't allowed here on the forums.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (23,881 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

you can hack this black box?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (23,875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i thought sony made it “unhackable”
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (23,875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Let me make a few things clear. 

First of all I'm pretty sure almost everything is hackable, they can only make it tougher to hack.

Second of all. The PS vita is not fully hacked yet. So far you can only run some homebrews emulators and stuff, and a psp firmware. So you can do everything what you can do on a psp so far.

But nothing about the vita (it's games etc.) is not hacked yet.

and last of all, you cannot be banned for it. However, bu sure that the moment a jailbreak releases they will put on an mandatory update. Which disable psn access if you don't update. which means you cannot go to psn store, and you cannot play online as long as you don't update.

Hope this makes everything clear.

And by the way for the interested people, on the update 2.10 they put on some more security which makes it harder to run stuff through exploits etc. And sony calls it "stability imprevements" lol.

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (23,868 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The post above covers it up pretty much.

Check out my YouTube PS Vita channel! www.youtube.com/user/PSVITAGAMINGUNITE :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (23,853 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

odysie10 wrote:

Hey guys, someone I know said he wanted to hack his Ps vita and I told him not to because I said he would get banned but he won't believe me.

Is it true that after you jailbreak it that you can't synch trophies to your account anymore and won't be able to log back in (and if you do you're banned).

Please hit your friend for me :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (23,849 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

not worth hacking imo

the vita is getting better and better as time goes on just like any console.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (23,813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap schreef:

not worth hacking imo

the vita is getting better and better as time goes on just like any console.

Personally I try to avoid illegal stuff as much as I can, even though I'm a college student computer science and cannot save a lot money, there is a satisfaction to owning something legitimately.

The only thing I like about these exploits are that they make you able to run some fun stuff on it like. Emulators for old school games etc. 

But I'm also not against people who are using hacks if they cannot afford it. I mean it's not our choice whether our parents are rich or poor. And developers won't go bankrupt from it either. It even helps them in some ways, as in, more ps vita consoles will be sold, etc.

All I wish for is that sony releases the ps vita SDK, which will allow everyone, to create whatever they want on the vita. Ouya is a great example of that, but unfortunately it runs on android, which barely has any decent 3d engines, and ouya also has bad hardware.

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (23,799 Views)
0 Kudos