26 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Rayman

14 Replies 344 Views Created 26-02-2012
I absolutely love this game!

Sad to think its sold so poorly, compared to the 2d mario games on the ds, it completely blows them out of the water!

This game alone justifies my vita purchase! Anyone who hasn't yet bought this for their new console needs to get it ASAP! Anyone else with me?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (344 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Rayman

I'm with you and I can't get over how good this looks, considering its on a handheld. 

I'm also got a thing for the music, the soundtrack is probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing to in long time. 

pablologo
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's an amazing game. Tied with Wipeout for my wanted game pre Vita but has won out now I've got I. Completed the game on Thursday after 2 days old on it. Just need two more teeth for the secret levels!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
I disagree that it blows the 2D Mario games out of the water. The Mario games have their own charm and they probably have had more influence on other games in the genres then anything else. Rayman is certainly a great maybe even a fantastic game but that doesn't take anything away from the Mario games which are probably the greatest 2D platform game franchise in the history of video games. The level and gameplay design of the Mario games cannot be beaten by anything. That said I like Rayman Origins so much that not only did I buy it on the PS3 but also on the Vita.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (313 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah I agree earlier mario games have helped make the industry what it is today. I just feel the newer versions , particularly the wii version, aren't adding anything new to the genre but still sell in the millions. Both have their charms, I think rayman deserves far more success than it has achieved!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

last Mario game i owned was on the N64 >.< never really got on with either Rayman or Mario. however, this Rayman game does look appealing.
Now Playing: Wipeout 2048 - MGS HD Collection - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

having Rayman as my first game on the vita takes me back to when i first had my ps1 and opening Rayman for that <3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cannot believe how much I am enjoying Rayman on the Vita. Love platformers, but they were getting a bit stale until I started playing this :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

just got the platinum for rayman, was really fun to play

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

linkj1993 wrote:

just got the platinum for rayman, was really fun to play

do you have to play through with each character i take it? im a n00b when it comes to Rayman these days :Lol:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (219 Views)
0 Kudos