21 Feb 2012
By Nikroc
Playstation Staff

Regarding Memory Cards

10 Replies 191 Views Created 21-02-2012

Ok, simple problem and can't find a simple anwser.  I ordered my Vita from Shopto and it'll be here today but my memory card is being delivered by Royal Mail so won't be here until tomorrow.  

Does this mean I can't save game/recover my PSN ID etc until it comes?  If so would GAME be selling the memory cards today?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Regarding Memory Cards

No
No
& if you want to setup you vita and can't wait then you better get a cheepo 4gig there will be many of them available!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (186 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

FML, I have a 4GB one coming from ShopTo so I might just have to go see if GAME are selling them today..

This is so annoying lol..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I will be surprised if the sell them today there not out till tomorrow

follow me on twitter @goonerrob1104
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Nikroc wrote:

Ok, simple problem and can't find a simple anwser.  I ordered my Vita from Shopto and it'll be here today but my memory card is being delivered by Royal Mail so won't be here until tomorrow.  

Does this mean I can't save game/recover my PSN ID etc until it comes?  If so would GAME be selling the memory cards today?

No where will be selling memory cards today. Your best bet would be eBay and then seeing if the seller is local to you so you can pick it up.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Well......this is ***** lol...

Could somebody confirm this for me please, if it comes today surely I can play Fifa but not save it....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

It's like having a car without the key xD Sorry that you won't be able to use your PS Vita until tomorrow mate
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

mezzor wrote:

Nikroc wrote:

No where will be selling memory cards today. Your best bet would be eBay and then seeing if the seller is local to you so you can pick it up.

Not quite true.

Many indy shops have them on sale now for those who got the vita's over the last few days.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Q: Is a memory card required for game play?
A: You will need a me . mory card for those games that require game saves or have downloadable content. You will also need a memory card in order to take photos or videos using PS Vita’s integrated cameras

Seems I might be able to play Fifa online til tomorrow hopefully...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Depends on the game - look at the back of the box to see if Mem card is req'd. For games like Uncharted, I hear they won't strart at all without a mem card in.

You can still use the basic Vita functions though so at least you can try a few things out with it.

Rotor.

EDIT : Seems Fifa doesn't need a mem card so all good!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (106 Views)
0 Kudos