23 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

SONY PS Vita - 1 month on

24 Replies 306 Views Created 23-03-2012

So, it's been 1 month and 1 day now since PS Vita launched in Australia/New Zealand...

Are your feelings still the same as mine in regards to PS Vita being the best thing since slice bread or to elaborate...Is it, in your mind still the best portable games console ever created?

I  ♥  SONY PS Vita

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: SONY PS Vita - 1 month on

yeh I love it, but still no Skype, and limited PSP campatibility
Walking Under Stars
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (303 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Well initially I really liked but wasn't overwhelmed - My feeling was that it was an evolution from the PSP, and is in fact a lot of things the PSP should have been (2 sticks!) ... But I'm learning more about it everyday and liking it lots now.

But it needs moar Skype!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I've separated my feelings out a bit now to realize what I'm disappointed about the Vita and just in general with Sony's recent moves for digital distribution. In that respect the Vita isn't AS bad anymore in my eyes. However in the end it still needs to deliver on key features I think for me like Remote play, Skype, PS1, video/music formats and more.

Frankly the best thing so far the Vita has done has delivered fairer prices on psn for PSP games to our region, yay.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I haven't delved into the other areas of the Vita much.. most of which the smartphone will probably always reign supreme with.... but the gaming has been a blast... the controls are so much better than the PSP...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah, my impressions after the first two weeks was, that it was the best thing since sliced bread, that was whilst playing Uncharterd. However, now that I'm playing Fifa and Wipeout, a few things have began to annoy me. I guess it's only one thing, and that how close the right stick is to the x button. There have been quite a few occassions when I have been playing both of these games, and have accidently touched the right stick. It's been annoying as i have either lost the ball on Fifa, or crashed on wipeout.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

sorry for double posting, but the other thing that greatly concerns me are the poor sales numbers. Poor sales will mean less development resources, meaning less games. The PS VITA is an astounding machine. I just wished that more gamers appreciated its value proposition and got on board. It annoys when I see people complain about the cost of the memory cards considering that a 16 gig ipad cost $135 more than a vita with a 16 gig card. Sure the the Ipad has a bigger screen, but the vita, like the new ipad, is also a quad core device, with many more bells and whistles for the dedicated gamers.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (230 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

hernie, did you sell your Uncharted game last week?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hahaha, my friends call me Hernie.

Yeah, sold it on ebay last week. how do you know?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I don't know, I just knew it was the same same hernie. Anyway, I was just about to buy it, but then the next time I went to check on it...it was sold. :smileysad:
By the way, what was your username again on the old Aussie/NZ PSF?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (190 Views)
0 Kudos