Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: SONY PS Vita - 1 month on

I have not decided on a pet name for my Vita yet, but it is sharing my attention with my pet dog "Jess"  lol. One word - Fun :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

The PS Vita Has Seen Better Weeks...
Now, It Looks Kind of Screwed...?

Posted Image

You know things are bad when your old portable is beating your brand new one. This week, Sony's PS Vita sold only 8,931. The PSP sold 14,804 units. The good news, I guess, is that Sony makes both handhelds. The bad? The newly released PS Vita continues to nosedive in Japan. This week it sold less than 10,000.

That's worrying! In comparison, the 3DS moved 72,115 units—not bad for a console that people thought was D.O.A. last year.
Rolling out new hardware is incredibly difficult. The PS Vita, like the 3DS, is an impressive piece of hardware. The 3DS finally has a nice line-up of games to keep players happy—and to entice new 3DS owners. These are growing pains, for sure, and the games are slowly trickling out. But Sony better turn things around, before the rot starts to set in.

http://kotaku.com/59...kind-of-screwed 

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25 (125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Similar thing happened to the PS3 in Japan as well Pllaystation, and both are high-end machines that are (at least at their current price points) going to sell less than cheaper (but less capable) kit. Just because they less Ferrari F-458s than Fiat 500s doesn't mean the Fiat 500s a better car :smileywink:. Of course, game consoles are different than cars, due to the install base and its impact on game development, but I wouldn't be worrying about low Japanese sales at the moment, given the lack of recent Japanese-themed games for it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25 (119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Darn it, I tried to thumbs or Kudos your post Axe99 but for some weird reason this forum wont let me.

Same thing happens to me on youtube : /

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 24 of 25 (118 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the thought :smileyhappy:. I do find that with new systems these days (same thing happened to the 3DS at launch) that people forget that it takes a little while for momentum to build, but the ADHD vibe of the internet means that if things aren't going gangbusters from day 1 then people start to get all doomsayer. I remember for a good year after the PS3 launch, 'respectable' sites like Gamespy were talking about the PS3 being a complete disaster and Sony maybe getting out of the hardware business, and even when the PS2 launched, there were people (and not just the crazy folk you get everywhere on the internet) suggesting it was going to fall in a hole. Ridonkulous!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Kudos