31 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Screen Protector Troubles - How to remove?

3 Replies 1,511 Views Created 31-03-2012

Hey guys,

I bought a screen protector from Gamestation (should have got it online since it was £6). I placed it on yesterday however there are two air bubbles that I cannot remove.

The protector is placed down however if I remove it, will the screen be really sticky?

Worried if the screen is ruined if I take the protector off. To make matters worse I don't think the screen protector is the same size for the Vita screen...

Thanks!

Destroy or be Destroyed....

PSN - obliterator77
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,511 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Screen Protector Troubles - How to remove?

you can easily peel it off, screenprotectors are made in a way so that they won't leave any sticky stuff behind when you take them of again

Best (Ex)Community Moderator: Wretched_Hawk

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,500 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

bit of advice dude, you want to try & put the screen protector on in a room where theres hardly any dust, & really good lighting so that you can see any dust particles on the screen & blow them off before laying the protector on,it can be frustrating but just find a way that you find is easiest,or look on you tube

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Yeah be careful.  I put my Hori protector on my Vita then noticed it wasn't straight and suspected it would bug me after a while.  So I pulled it back off and immediately a TON of dust was sucked onto it, leaving it looking a real mess.  I really wish I had just put up with it being slightly wonky and dust free.

With bubbles, you should be able to massage them out if you spend some time with it.  The Hori protectors come with a piece of cardboard to help do this, although I noticed some poor quality protectors can actually be scratched by this method.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,426 Views)
0 Kudos