PS Vita General

25 Feb 2012
By: Paganisterr

4 Posts

Signing into Playstation Network Error NW-2465-7

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 2558 Views edited 25-02-2012

Hi all

I go to sign into the Playstation network through my wireless router, and this error appears: NW-2465-7. If I use my phone as a WiFi hotspot it seems to sign in fine every time.

I realise there is a few threads on this.The suggestions were to change the DNS server settings on my Vita - so I changed them to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 (primary and secondary respectivly), and seemed to work temporarily but then broke again. I changed them on the router itself - no difference. I tried Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 servers - no difference.

What the fudge is going on? On the Vita the internet connection works fine and the network test says everything is fine, which is even more odd. At least I do have a way of signing in through my phone...

Any help will be appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (2,558 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Signing into Playstation Network Error NW-2465-7

Nothing for me to try?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (2,526 Views)
0 Kudos

i have same issue but im using a mifi tablet broadband on the go. im getting 300kbps in the connection test

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (2,513 Views)
0 Kudos

I can only think they haven't supported the WRT54G router, which a majority of the population use. I honestly have no logical solution to this. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (2,494 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey fellow gamers I have figured out the NW-2465-7 problem, unplug your computers modem for 30 seconds then wait for about 1 minute of 2 and the problem should soon fix it self

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Sorry I work in IT and switching it off and on again is a well documents fix for anything with electrics (even a car lol). If you haven't tried this you really shouldn't be using a console or broadband and you should be dragging your knuckles around in your cave like a troglodyte!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Kudos