12 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

[ Edited ]
21 Replies 2,347 Views edited 12-06-2012

I understand the price may vary, but on average, are we looking at at the £5-10 range, or higher do you think?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (2,347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

That is the range they are at on the ps3 I think so it's safe to assume they will be the same.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (2,344 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

why would i have to pay more than three quid for these games?i bought them back in the day for full price. But thats like more than 10 years ago,keep it real.I bought a few ps1 titles with my psp,and they didnt realy deliver.But each to there own.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (2,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

There really should be a set price PS1 games. No more than £5 at least. I already have the first 3 Resident Evil games & Silent Hill on the PS3. I hope it's as simple as just transferring them. I'd hate if there was another version of the games uploaded to the store that work on the Vita.

Looking forward to FFXII, but I'm guessing that's going to be between £7-£10....Sony have to make money of something, as there not making much from the Vita or it's games.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (2,323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

£3.99 to £7.99

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (2,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

So is it now confirmed that we'll have to buy PS1 titles again?

I already have Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Resident Evil 1, 2, & 3 as digital downloads on my account from the PlayStation store for use on the PS3 and PSP

Will I be able to play these versions when Sony add PS1 support via a firmware update or are they really expecting me to re-buy these titles so I can play them on my Vita?

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (2,294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

as long as you've purchased them it should be fine to downloaf straight to the vita without any extra cost.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (2,274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is as PS1 games are already available on the PS1. We already know the cost. If you've already purchased games then they will work on the Vita as long as you're using the same PSN account.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (2,266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Someone was just unsure if there is a change when the ps vita has psone classics, plus OP might not have a PS3, forums are there to get helpful answers to questions that are asked.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (2,262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

As I said there's a rumor that to combat potential piracy ps1 games on vita will be self contained new conversions and won't be the same format as the existing ps1 classics are

Hence why I asked if we will be expected to pay for them again
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (2,257 Views)
0 Kudos