01 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

So... ...when is the PSone support coming to Vita? Hopefully sooner than later.

12 Replies 1,804 Views Created 01-03-2012

Now that we finally got RE2&3 on EU Store, we really need to play these games on Vita, too. I have a dozen PSone games waiting to be downloaded to Vita and since PSP games are already looking fantastic on OLED screen (much better looking on Vita than on PSP) i wonder how good PSone games will look on Vita's screen. I hope the upcoming emulator can upscale resolution on PSone classics as well as smooth out rough edges. Can't wait to play Soul Reaver, MGS, Silent Hill and RE-games on Vita! Sony, what's the hold up? I still wonder what happened because Sony originally said PSone classics will be playable on day 1?!? Maybe they ran into problems with emulator and they need some more time to make it fully work (i still don't believe that ALL psone classics will work on Vita but hopefully all the more important titles like RE-series, Tomb Raider-series, Soul Reaver, MGS, Silent Hill etc.

A very satisfied owner of PS Vita (Wi-Fi) with PS1 support "fully" functional now! Sony, fix those missing titles!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (1,804 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: So... ...when is the PSone support coming to Vita? Hopefully sooner than later.

Final Fantasy 7!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (1,798 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: So... ...when is the PSone support coming to Vita? Hopefully sooner than later.

I'm hoping for the same mate, really want to play Abe's Odysee on my Vita, been playing it through Remote Play, but it's not the same, need it on the go! I want to play Resident Evil Nemesis too, so glad they added that to the store with the other Resident Evil games! I hope they add Dino Crisis 1 & 2, I'm half tempted to make a US Account just to get them from their PS Store, why can't they just add them to the EU Store as well? Either way, I'm looking forward to the PS1 support! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (1,791 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Carmanen wrote:

I still wonder what happened because Sony originally said PSone classics will be playable on day 1?!? 

When did they say that?

In a way they're not lying, PS1 game can be played on a Vita via remote play with a PS3

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (1,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

milkster1001 wrote:

I'm hoping for the same mate, really want to play Abe's Odysee on my Vita, been playing it through Remote Play, but it's not the same, need it on the go! I want to play Resident Evil Nemesis too, so glad they added that to the store with the other Resident Evil games! I hope they add Dino Crisis 1 & 2, I'm half tempted to make a US Account just to get them from their PS Store, why can't they just add them to the EU Store as well? Either way, I'm looking forward to the PS1 support! :Thumbs:

I wouldn't advise making a US account to get digital content as it won't work on your normal account on the Vita. On a PS3 it should be fine.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (1,770 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

milkster1001 wrote:

Due to the PAL version not passing the test SCEE put them through.

Capcom Europe have been pushing to use the US NTSC version for well over a year.

Sony have now aloud them to do that with RE 2 and 3 so hopefully Dino Crisis 1&2 won't be to far behind.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (1,763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cheers for letting me know that BlackKnight, I'll give it a miss, I'll just be patient and wait for them to come to the EU Store, which they hopefully should, in time. CrustyJockStrap mate, thanks for clarifying that for me, like you say, if Capcom Europe were successful with Resident Evil, hopefully Dino Crisis will come to our Store soon. Nice name by the way :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (1,751 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I have a load of PSOne classics i wana download too, the Crash Bandicoot series, Tekken, Ridge Racer Type 4, all of which would be great to have on my Vita. And finally PS2 classics are coming onto the store, maybe (though this is probably not possible) a PS2 emulator too? Though, with all the trouble getting the PS2 emulator on PS3, i aint gonna hold my breath
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1
PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (1,695 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I only want Spyro series and Tombi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (1,668 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I'm waiting on this too. I'm sure they'd look great on that OLED screen - after all, I've been playing them on my TV and the PS3 does a decent job of smoothing them out, so surely the Vita will be able to make them look great.

I've got the Crash Bandicoot games, Rayman 1 and loads of others I can't even remember (lol). It's gonna be great when I can play 'em again!

PSN ID: alexbull_uk

Add me on PS3/Vita: alexbull_uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (1,643 Views)
0 Kudos