09 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

Soul Sacrifice Info Thread

6 Replies 725 Views Created 10-07-2012

THIS GAME HAS NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER WITH DEMON'S OR DARK SOULS (besides the word soul obviously).

Right, now that that's sorted: This thread is made for people who like me are excited about Inafune's upcoming exclusive title for the Vita, Soul Sacrifice, or for those who wanna know more about it.

In short:

Soul Sacrifice is a Dark Fantasy RPG game in which you gain powers and defeat enemies by sacrificing something in return. The sacrifice could be anything from a boulder to an essential body part, so the greater the cost you pay, the greater the power you get in return.

Interesting aspects:

Sacrifice - The concept of sacrifice to get power seems very fun, and depending on how they use it it could be very interesting. For example there are some powers (the greatest) which cost the player's life, so it will be nice to see how and if you can progress if you use a power that big.

Morality and choice system which drastically change appearance and available powers - After you kill an enemy, you can then choose whether you will Save(absolve) them or Sacrifice(Damn) them. Depending on what you choose as you progress you will unlock powers specific to the moral path you are on. Also, depending on the way you play, your character's appearance will change DRAMATICALLY. For example if you play a lot like a brawler, using moves that attack up close and taking most of the damage(tanking) then your appearance will change to match that playstyle.

Everyone will start out with their appearance like this:

(All images and content displayed belong to SCEJ and their respectful owners)

And depending on your playstyle -Morality choices, moves you use and defensive or offensive play - it will gradually change into one of these:

Multiplayer!!!

The concept of saving or sacrificing when someone dies is present in multiplayer as well. If you watch the videos below you'll see that Inafune stresses the point that this isn't a co-op multiplayer game, but more like a shoulder to shoulder fighting multiplayer experience. If you're like me you're probably wondering what's the difference? Well the HUGE difference is this:

If a teammate dies during a fight, you can choose to Save(Resurrect) them or Sacrifice(Use) them just as you would with a regular monster, and turn them into a weapon at the expense of their life or something similar!

Now just with this the potential for fun becomes immense in my opinion, because having the chance to help a teammate back on his feet or sacrifice them to win a battle which may otherwise be lost or very hard sounds amazing.

Last:

I saw the trailer for this game at E3 and it was the final push I needed to get me to buy my Vita. It's still in development and due out in Winter next year so there's still a long way to go but after seeing the gameplay footage, some concept art and the story of the game I'm certain that it will be a HUGE success for the Vita.

I'll try to keep the thread up to date with news on the game as much as possible.

Videos:

So for those that haven't seen it, or don't know what it's about, below are some videos, including the E3 trailer, and gameplay footage. 

BE WARNED THAT THIS CONTENT MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN.

So should this thread be moderated or deleted it's fine, I don't mean to corrupt youngsters, just to spread the word about a game that looks very promising :smileywink:

Soul Sacrifice E3 trailer

Soul Sacrifice Gameplay

Soul Sacrifice Game presentation part 1

Soul Sacrifice Game presentation part 2

Soul Sacrifice Game presentation part 3

And here is the official website where you may check all the content for yourself, and from which the info and everything in this thread is all referenced:

Soul Sacrifice

Last but not least, if you're into this kind of game genre then feel free to add me on PSN as MindMaester. I also currently play Uncharted so I'm up for Black Market trades, and WipeOut 2048.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (725 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Soul Sacrifice Info Thread

When's it out?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (719 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

nice thread, the game does look very interesting! It is a shame its not linked to either of the other soul games as they were amazing, but I am keeping an open mind and hoping this will be!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Puck-Yeah wrote:

When's it out?

In Winter in Japan and either late winter or early spring '13 in the EU.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (668 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Here's an interview with Inafune I found where he explains some nice tidbits.

Interview

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (632 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This game is looking better and better !
Can't wait to try it out :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (557 Views)
0 Kudos